PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moncrief officially among the 53

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Damn, that means my binky Zuber is probably not getting promoted this year...

But really this is a good sign, he didn't look bad in the return game last week and made a positive impact so that's awesome. Have to hope Ford can make an impact soon too since he's been here a few weeks now...

Kind of a crowded group at this point actually - Harry, Meyers, Byrd, Gunner, Ford, now Moncrief, and eventually Edelman.

Last edited:
Damn, that means my binky Zuber is probably not getting promoted this year...

But really this is a good sign, he didn't look bad in the return game last week and made a positive impact so that's awesome. Have to hope Ford can make an impact soon too since he's been here a few weeks now...

Kind of a crowded group at this point actually - Harry, Meyers, Byrd, Gunner, Ford, now Moncrief, and eventually Edelman.

And next year Marquis Lee is back too.

Stealing this old joke: he almost didn't get signed because he kept dropping the pen. So far so good for us, though.

I have to say I want him to succeed in the worst way. But you’re right. He is on notice and he should be.

I really wanted this kid to succeed. A kid from Arizona, and we really need a good WR. But even my hope is fading.

As for Moncrief, bring it on. He's provided sparks, and we badly need those too.

Good news for Cam. On paper DM is a guy that Cam can work with. Hopefully we see some targets and a little chemistry develop out of it.

I'm just hoping for some good kick returns. Anything at WR is gravy after that. Much needed gravy but I don't expect DM to slide in and fix that dry turkey of a passing game.

Wasn’t that pick conditional?
I certainly hope so...But knowing Billy as we do, his first priority in that trade was doing his lil' buddy Flo a solid, so I still think we're losing a pick over this feckin debacle.

Unfortunately, Gunner bought himself more time with his punt return last week; but he's been Absolute Zero in the passing game, which should still make him a non-53 guy.

Meyers, Bird, Moncrief, Ford & Harry (in that order) should be our WRs every single week from here on out...

Gunner is a liability on kick off returns. Glad the team found a replacement. Now we need to get a better punt returner...

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back