PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Mod edited title] Bill said some stuff about COVID vaccines

Status
Not open for further replies.

On Friday, NFL chief medical officer Allen Sills pushed back on Belichick’s contention that “quite a high number” of vaccinated players have had the virus.

“We released our data last week from the first three weeks of August, and that data has consistently shown higher rates of infection in unvaccinated players than in vaccinated players,” Sills told Judy Battista of NFL Media, via Matt Vatour of MassLive.com. “That was true at intake when they first came into training camp and it was true during that first three-week period of August that we released. From a medical perspective, go to any major medical center in the country and as you walk around, those patients who are hospitalized, those who are in the ICU, you see the evidence the vaccines are working.”

Sills admits that some vaccinated players are getting COVID. But he points out the major reality that the anti-vaxx crowd chooses to ignore: the vaccinated recover much more quickly and are far less likely to, you know, die.

“We know that vaccines are working,” Sills said. “What we are seeing are some vaccinated people who test positive. But their illness tends to be very short and very mild, and that’s exactly what the vaccines were designed to do. Let’s all remember the vaccines were designed to prevent serious illness, hospitalization and death. They’re doing a terrific job of that so far, not only in the NFL where we haven’t seen any serious cases but in society as a whole.”

Sills is right. And Belichick surely knows it. His goal was (I believe) to throw dirt on the obvious connection between Cam’s lack of vaccination and his potential lack of availability.

Sorry, Ken, but your statements are false. I know at least 3 people who have DIED of COVID despite being vaccinated. Two of which didn't have underlying conditions. No. The unvaccinated are not 90% more likely to get infected. All you have to do is look at the Yankees earlier this year and the Red Sox now. They have BOTH vaccinated and unvaccinated players who have gotten infected. And MLB never released HOW they players got infected to start with.

I have a friend who's vaccinated daughter got COVID and then spread it to the rest of her vaccinated family. And they spread it to other VACCINATED people. They tried to blame a daughter's friend who was unvaccinated who had been at a bonfire with the daughter. Only to find out it was another VACCINATED friend who had spread it. So, this idea that ONLY an unvaccinated player is a risk of getting infected and spreading the infection is complete BS on your part. ANYONE (vaccinated or unvaccinated) can get infected and spread the virus. ANYONE.

Getting back to Cam. Did you watch the Giants game? I seem to remember an UNMASKED Cam following Mac to give him a Hi-5. I saw plenty of players around Cam without masks on. I seem to remember plenty of Practices where Cam, without a helmet on, also didn't have a mask on despite plenty of people standing around him.
Your examples are all anecdotal. And if you check the clip of Cam trying to give Mac the high five he IS wearing a mask (although not covering his nose. This is NO question the unvaccinated are MUCH more likely to get the virus and spread to others, There are hospitals down south FULL of sick people and 90% were unvaccinated.

You want anecdotal examples. My sister had a neighbor who was a radical anti-vaxer. With signs on here lawn and everything, She caught the virus and died from it. THEN her husband and children got the vaccine. This example is just as meaningless as yours even though it happened

So, Belichick is "wrong" because he told the truth? That the Vaccines are NOT a "silver bullet" for Covid?

Graziano spewed the same garbage as Sykes did. And they're both wrong. Plain and simple.
Silver bullet? That's not what he said.

This thread makes me wish we still had the "genius" reaction

Hey. Everyone. Pay attention real quick.

How about we shut the f.uck up with the Covid threads?

Bill Belichick: "Your implication that the vaccination solves every problem...has not been substantiated. The number of players and coaches and staff members who have been infected with COVID after being vaccinated is a pretty high number. I wouldn't lose sight of that."

He isn't wrong.

Israel, which has one of the high vaccination rates in the world, was forced to bring back masks and other non-vaccine measures to combat the Delta variant.

Arguably the NFL is in a worse position as vaccinated individuals are test even when they don't have symptoms. Even the 95% effectiveness number in the clinical trials didn't take into account people who were completely asymptomatic, because in the real world if you get an illness that doesn't impact you in anyway you don't care.

There is no other disease that you randomly screen people for when they aren't presenting symptoms.

And I say this as someone who is 100% pro-vaccine.

The latest data, and there's tons of it:

Vaccinated people are 4-to-5 times less likely to catch COVID than unvaccinated people.

Vaccinated people are 29 times less likely to wind up in the hospital (and when they do, it's almost always immunocompromised or older adults).

These aren't faked numbers, unless you think thousands of hospitals, morgues, all 50 states, and many other countries are in on the scam.

It is what it is.

Thanks for sharing Bill's comments. What needs to be said has been said at this point, people have made up their minds for the most part and if not, they have avenues in either direction to research more. No point in continuing the discussion here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back