PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MLB & NBA will no longer test players for Marijuana, is the NFL far behind??

DarrylS

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The MLB had already done this now the NBA has agreed to:

"Due to the unusual circumstances in conjunction with the pandemic, we have agreed with the NBPA to suspend random testing for marijuana for the 2020-21 season and focus our random testing program on performance-enhancing products and drugs of abuse,"

Have to wonder if the NFL is far behind, this should have been done a while ago.. never too late. On a side note the House of Representatives has voted to stop the criminalization of M.. that will go nowhere. Canada legalized it as well..

I'm more shocked to hear the NBA was still testing for pot. I thought they stopped back in Parish's days.

I remember taking some heat here because I mentioned that the NFL players considered this an important part of the next agreement.

The MLB had already done this now the NBA has agreed to:

"Due to the unusual circumstances in conjunction with the pandemic, we have agreed with the NBPA to suspend random testing for marijuana for the 2020-21 season and focus our random testing program on performance-enhancing products and drugs of abuse,"

Have to wonder if the NFL is far behind, this should have been done a while ago.. never too late. On a side note the House of Representatives has voted to stop the criminalization of M.. that will go nowhere. Canada legalized it as well..
Politicians are the reason marijuana testing came to be in the first place. Some pol's relative was killed in a train wreck with a stoned driver and poof, everyone but the politically connected were being tested. Many people went to prison or lost their jobs over the years.

I'm more shocked to hear the NBA was still testing for pot. I thought they stopped back in Parish's days.
They could have been testing but not randomly. Testing with an advanced schedule is how MLB gets around their steroid problem. Big Poppi was probably one of the beneficiaries of that method.

The NFL does tend to be "far behind" on this kind of thing. Goodell has never been one to follow precedents set by other, better run leagues.

Smoke em if you got em

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back