PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Milloy talks about the move to the Bills and being on better terms with BB now

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Last edited:
If memory serves, Milloy was cut not traded.

LOL - "He smiles a lot more now. Maybe it's the new girlfriend..."

It was a low class move by Billy bringing this s*** up days before the start of the season.

He was tampered with, pure and simple. While he ended up in Buffalo, the offending team was the Redskins.

It’s business. And NE won the next two SBs. BB was right then, as he often is.

He was tampered with, pure and simple. While he ended up in Buffalo, the offending team was the Redskins.
Huh?
Milloy was under contract for another 4 years & wouldn't be a free agent til 2006 ... Why would Washington or anyone tamper?

Huh?
Milloy was under contract for another 4 years & wouldn't be a free agent til 2006 ... Why would Washington or anyone tamper?
NE and Milloy were negotiating a new deal during the summer of 2003 to lower his salary (and lower his cap number). It seemed very much like they were going to agree to terms by the start of the season when Milloy suddenly took a hard line stance at the last minute and refused to renegotiate. That's the reason why he was cut so late in the game.

Milloy was discussing the whole situation a couple weeks later. I don't remember the exact quote but he said something like "we ("we" meaning him and his agent) knew Washington would pay more so that's when we decided to stop negotiating with New England." It's pretty obvious his agent went out and tested the market to know how to handle the NE negotiations. However, that's textbook tampering.

Man, brings me back....0-31 and 31-0 to sandwich that season.

Saw Milloy sneak into Fenway right in front of me prior to the 2002 opener....great player.

NE and Milloy were negotiating a new deal during the summer of 2003 to lower his salary (and lower his cap number). It seemed very much like they were going to agree to terms by the start of the season when Milloy suddenly took a hard line stance at the last minute and refused to renegotiate. That's the reason why he was cut so late in the game.

Milloy was discussing the whole situation a couple weeks later. I don't remember the exact quote but he said something like "we ("we" meaning him and his agent) knew Washington would pay more so that's when we decided to stop negotiating with New England." It's pretty obvious his agent went out and tested the market to know how to handle the NE negotiations. However, that's textbook tampering.

Sounds like his agent was flat wrong because his NE contract was paying 5/year and all his contracts after NE were for only like 2M/year the rest of his career

Sounds like his agent was flat wrong because his NE contract was paying 5/year and all his contracts after NE were for only like 2M/year the rest of his career

But the point is that NE wasn't going to pay him $5 million per year anymore. During the offseason, he was given 2 choices: Agree to a lower deal or get cut. For most of the summer, the 2 parties were negotiating a lower deal for him and it was generally believed they were going to work it out. Then, as mentioned above, he took a hard line stance at the very end of camp where he refused to renegotiate with NE. His hard line stance came about because he found out Washington was willing to pay him more than NE was offering.

Here's the exact quote:

Milloy said his agent, Carl Poston, "called some teams to see who would want me" before he was cut Tuesday, and added: "The Redskins gave us a bigger offer than the Patriots."

Textbook tampering.

But the point is that NE wasn't going to pay him $5 million per year anymore. During the offseason, he was given 2 choices: Agree to a lower deal or get cut. For most of the summer, the 2 parties were negotiating a lower deal for him and it was generally believed they were going to work it out. Then, as mentioned above, he took a hard line stance at the very end of camp where he refused to renegotiate with NE. His hard line stance came about because he found out Washington was willing to pay him more than NE was offering.

Here's the exact quote:

Milloy said his agent, Carl Poston, "called some teams to see who would want me" before he was cut Tuesday, and added: "The Redskins gave us a bigger offer than the Patriots."

Textbook tampering.

I know. But isn't it weird and stupid then that he joined Buffalo instead and not for big money.

I know. But isn't it weird and stupid then that he joined Buffalo instead and not for big money.

Buffalo may have come in with a higher offer than Washington. He got 4 years, $15 million which includes a signing bonus of $5 million. That may very well have been the highest offer on the table from amongst the 3 teams.

Buffalo may have come in with a higher offer than Washington. He got 4 years, $15 million which includes a signing bonus of $5 million. That may very well have been the highest offer on the table from amongst the 3 teams.

Buffalo cut him after 2 seasons so he only made like 3m/year I think. I think he got misled and screwed by his agent.

Buffalo cut him after 2 seasons so he only made like 3m/year I think. I think he got misled and screwed by his agent.

He played 3 years in Buffalo. Tough to know whether he made a mistake or not since we don't know what the Patriots were offering but I think it is a safe bet to assume he left NE for more money than he would have gotten had he stayed.

$$ over winning. His choice.

He missed out on 2 Super Bowls.
Didn't they have Rodney at that point?

Just watch how below average BB teams are without a good QB

Let's see how long he remains on those better terms when/if Barfalo & Seattle beat us, or does he become a Billiards/Seahags fan again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down