PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Floyd wants to return

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge DA fan. Team guy, big in big situations. 6M is rich, but he's restructured at a time when he was more marketable. I hope he chooses to stick around.

Michael Floyd makes 6 to 7 million this year. There is no way he takes less money for a two to three year contract. At best, it might get a Talib like contract : 5 million for one year, prove himself to the league that he is still elite and move on for a richer contract.

I think he will be active. He has had alot of time now to get down this offense. I also want him for his blocking. I like mitchell but he's a rookie. I really hope we spread out the falcons.
His blocking? Dude can't block!

Huge DA fan. Team guy, big in big situations. 6M is rich, but he's restructured at a time when he was more marketable. I hope he chooses to stick around.

They can lower his base salary and extend him for one extra year pretty easily.

I hope he stays, he is a great red zone target. He likes the city, he makes good money, he doesn't take a lot of hits ... Do you remember he was a mess? Couldn't stay on the field 2 weeks in a row.

He's new role make his life way better :) ... I think he will stay. Nobody is paying him 4m per. If we lower his base salary from 6 to 1 his number will drop to 2.8m ( last year his pay cut was similar). This year we can add an extra year and keep this group together.

Summing up: if we cut him we save 6.5m +-, if we extend him 4.5m +-

Michael Floyd makes 6 to 7 million this year. There is no way he takes less money for a two to three year contract. At best, it might get a Talib like contract : 5 million for one year, prove himself to the league that he is still elite and move on for a richer contract.

That's NOT how the market works. If you improve (and you're under 30) you will probably get more money - or if you are a QB.

1. DUI
2. Bad season.
3. Worst Career Statistics
4. Will be suspended next year.
5. There is no team desperate for a WR ( 30 teams did not claim him)
6. He's not a superstar.
7. WR FA group is load with better or SIMILAR talent ( Alshon Jeffery / Robert Woods / Kendall Wright / Terrelle Pryor / Marquise Goodwin / DeSean Jackson and others ...)

I wonder if he will be active Super Bowl Sunday? My guess is no but who knows.

I hope he does play in the Super Bowl. He's the hardest WR to bring down on our roster and would be going up against the "worst tackling defense in the league." Could be big.

Slated to make 6 million in 20017 i believe. If he get's cut that would add more money to our cap space. I like him but he would have to take a major cut like you said.
>>>>Slated to make 6 million in 20017 i believe

We will cut him before that! :) Also, 6 million will be a bargain at that point

Since amendola will probably be playing his last game as a pat on Sunday this will work.
Next years WRs
Edelman
Hogan
Mitchell
Floyd

Not bad, add a youngster for depth.

need another returner in the mix

They can lower his base salary and extend him for one extra year pretty easily.

I hope he stays, he is a great red zone target. He likes the city, he makes good money, he doesn't take a lot of hits ... Do you remember he was a mess? Couldn't stay on the field 2 weeks in a row.

He's new role make his life way better :) ... I think he will stay. Nobody is paying him 4m per. If we lower his base salary from 6 to 1 his number will drop to 2.8m ( last year his pay cut was similar). This year we can add an extra year and keep this group together.

Summing up: if we cut him we save 6.5m +-, if we extend him 4.5m +-

That's NOT how the market works. If you improve (and you're under 30) you will probably get more money - or if you are a QB.

1. DUI
2. Bad season.
3. Worst Career Statistics
4. Will be suspended next year.
5. There is no team desperate for a WR ( 30 teams did not claim him)
6. He's not a superstar.
7. WR FA group is load with better or SIMILAR talent ( Alshon Jeffery / Robert Woods / Kendall Wright / Terrelle Pryor / Marquise Goodwin / DeSean Jackson and others ...)

The reason 30 teams didn't claim him was because of the Salary Cap hit. Nothing else..

Floyd will play you dont let good players who you could get at a bargain walk right out the door.

The reason 30 teams didn't claim him was because of the Salary Cap hit. Nothing else..

If you are a true playmaker, it's not 1.2m that will keep 30 teams to claim him. He is a good player, who had a bad season (2 in a row) on top of a big mistake (DUI).

So saying that he will not make less money just because his 2016 number was 7m is
illogical. If he makes more than 5m i am happy Pats get a comp pick. NE will not pay him make more than JE and Hogan.

Since amendola will probably be playing his last game as a pat on Sunday this will work.
Next years WRs
Edelman
Hogan
Mitchell
Floyd

Not bad, add a youngster for depth.

Vincent J from Tampa or Jeffrey would be an excellence up as a WR.

I have mixed feelings about Floyd. I think he definitely gets tagged with a suspension, maybe even some jail time. What he did was no joke. And Herr Goodell will take this seriously. ESPECIALLY if he resigns with the Pats, guaranteed 4 games.

I love what he brings to the table, and with an offseason of learning the playbook even more, and maybe spending time with Brady in Cali, he could be a very dangerous player in this offense.

BUT, I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats say "Thanks but no thanks". Not that he did anything wrong as a Patriot, just too much baggage.

I definitely think he will be on the inactive list for the SB. Pats played sloppy against Houston, and excellent vs the Steelers, why rock the boat.

If you are a true playmaker, it's not 1.2m that will keep 30 teams to claim him. He is a good player, who had a bad season (2 in a row) on top of a big mistake (DUI).

So saying that he will not make less money just because his 2016 number was 7m is
illogical. If he makes more than 5m i am happy Pats get a comp pick. NE will not pay him make more than JE and Hogan.

SMH....

- It takes most players weeks to learn an offense. More weeks than were left in the season for 19 teams when Floyd was released.
- How many of the other 11 teams had need of a WR at the time and had the cap space available to add him?

Sorry, but at that time of year, most teams are planning for the next season and aren't going to take the cap hit on someone who is only going to be around for 3 games because they are a free agent after the end of the season..

I have mixed feelings about Floyd. I think he definitely gets tagged with a suspension, maybe even some jail time. What he did was no joke. And Herr Goodell will take this seriously. ESPECIALLY if he resigns with the Pats, guaranteed 4 games.

I love what he brings to the table, and with an offseason of learning the playbook even more, and maybe spending time with Brady in Cali, he could be a very dangerous player in this offense.

BUT, I wouldn't be surprised if the Pats say "Thanks but no thanks". Not that he did anything wrong as a Patriot, just too much baggage.

I definitely think he will be on the inactive list for the SB. Pats played sloppy against Houston, and excellent vs the Steelers, why rock the boat.

Floyd isn't going to get tagged with a suspension of more than a game. The reason is because Goodell already set a precedent with malcontent Sheldon Richardson.

Sorry, but falling asleep in your car after drinking is not nearly as bad as driving 143 MPH with a loaded gun in your car and a child in the back seat.

If Goodell tries to suspend Floyd for more than a game, then the NFLPA will fight it because of the precedent already set by the Richardson decision.

As for your comments about the two play-off games, Floyd being active/inactive had nothing to do with how "sloppy" or "polished" the team played.. That's got to be one of the most ridiculous insinuations I've heard..

As for whether or not Floyd is dressed. I wouldn't be surprised to see him dressed and Lengel not. Multi-TE sets could be with Fleming and Bennett.. Floyd is the better receiver than Lengel.

Everything depends on the match-ups that Belichick believes he can create.

Floyd isn't going to get tagged with a suspension of more than a game. The reason is because Goodell already set a precedent with malcontent Sheldon Richardson.

Sorry, but falling asleep in your car after drinking is not nearly as bad as driving 143 MPH with a loaded gun in your car and a child in the back seat.

If Goodell tries to suspend Floyd for more than a game, then the NFLPA will fight it because of the precedent already set by the Richardson decision.

and we know how strongly Goodell is influenced by precedent :eek: NOT!

Case in point: NFL teams fined & lost picks for tampering. NYJ tampered and only $100K fine

1320529223886.jpg

;)

and we know how strongly Goodell is influenced by precedent :eek: NOT!

Case in point: NFL teams fined & lost picks for tampering. NYJ tampered and only $100K fine

At this point, if Floyd signs a multi-million dollar contract with other team and we get a compensatory pick, Goodell will suspend the player drafted with that pick because Integrity.

SMH....

- It takes most players weeks to learn an offense. More weeks than were left in the season for 19 teams when Floyd was released.
- How many of the other 11 teams had need of a WR at the time and had the cap space available to add him?

Sorry, but at that time of year, most teams are planning for the next season and aren't going to take the cap hit on someone who is only going to be around for 3 games because they are a free agent after the end of the season..

Thank you for making my point: 5. There is no team desperate for a WR ( 30 teams did not claim him), that's why Patriots have all the leverage.

Patriots are planning for next season as always. They paid 1m and:
1. Have the player for 3 games + playoffs - So they paid 1m to scout the player
2. Give them a chance to take a look ( and talk) at him prior to free agency - Another positive point because he will be familiar with the enviroment
3. If he is a 7m+ they will get a comp pick - Bonus
4. They paid him to sit basically ( he was only active against Houston because Mitchell was sick)

The only reason they took a chance on MF is because they know that he is a 10m per talent and they can sign him for half of the money.

He has to learn the system and produce. Right now he has very little to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes