PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

[Meta]: Can we consider having a stickied 'outrage' thread?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Do you think a stickied thread for people to post media insults against the Pats would be good?

• Yes.

Votes: 13 65.0%
  • No.

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
only if you title the sticky: ASSHOLES' OPINIONS

I'm serious posting you guys.

Can we consider having a stickied thread for people who enjoy digging up slights (real or perceived) against our team and posting about them? On any given day it feels like half of the threads posted here are about some insult or another. I don't want to censor anyone but I also don't want to see a thread every time Steven A. Smith, Mike Silver, Woody Paige, Felger et al posts something outrageous or upsetting.

Yes I can just scroll past and if this idea isn't considered a good one that's what I'll do.
Yes I'm backseat modding and that's bad form.

But man I'd like to see more thread space devoted to football talk and less devoted to outrage.
It's the trend nowadays. Whether it's politics or sports, people seem to get riled up so easily and you can almost hear the "OMG, he did-int!"

Other people can never control how we feel

Unless it's an ex-wife, husband girlfriend or boyfriend! There's always an exception

I think we need a brand new dedicated forum for all the hate that the Pats receive, complete with sub forums with titles such as: ESPN hate, NFL network hate, and She said He Said b*llsht.

If the packers win, I think we need a whole subforum and a Dyson to vacuum up all the balls on the floor.

Why not just use the "ignore thread" feature that's available to everyone?

It's a fair point but after 11 years here I think about all the threads I would have had to ignore and I realize I would probably have developed arthritis.

Eventually I think the reason why this idea has merit is because you see the same threads about the same talking heads saying the same ridiculous 'LOOK AT ME' stuff and it seems like this forum, as a collective whole, will never get the fact that they're being played for clicks.

Plus, sometimes, when nobody is looking, I click on those links and give the media person who said what they said the pageviews they were going for.

In the immortal words of Goldmember: Shave me from myshelf.

I'm serious posting you guys.

Can we consider having a stickied thread for people who enjoy digging up slights (real or perceived) against our team and posting about them? On any given day it feels like half of the threads posted here are about some insult or another. I don't want to censor anyone but I also don't want to see a thread every time Steven A. Smith, Mike Silver, Woody Paige, Felger et al posts something outrageous or upsetting.

Yes I can just scroll past and if this idea isn't considered a good one that's what I'll do.
Yes I'm backseat modding and that's bad form.

But man I'd like to see more thread space devoted to football talk and less devoted to outrage.
Woody Paige is alive?!

I like this idea in theory. However, I doubt that people will abide by it in practicality. Hot take culture of sports media is to take one thing a person writes or says and expound upon it to the Nth degree. Hence, when someone says Brady is not elite or whatever, someone invariably gets the itch to post a new thread about said bad take.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST