PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Meriweather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Cold Bruschi

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Simms said Chung is starting for Meriweather today. Any word on why? He wasn't on the inactive list. Is this bad news for Meriweather? Has he regressed that much from last year?

Simms said Chung is starting for Meriweather today. Any word on why? He wasn't on the inactive list. Is this bad news for Meriweather? Has he regressed that much from last year?

he simply sucks, cant tackle of make any plays, he is just around, is a flag football guy

He was active...he just didn't start. He made a stick on that WR screen and I saw him on ST's.

Not really an issue. This happened last week, it was just the package the team sent out on the first play. Having not seen a number of plays list for this week I would still think he played 2/3 of the game.

I saw him out there quite a bit

I am a huge Meriweather supporter, but he needs to start showing up. I am tired of him having a great game, then a mediocre/bad 2 or 3.

And James Sanders ain't much better.

I agree with you that Meriweather has the potential to make more of an impact than he did in this game, with that being said, he can only play the role given to him.

In the pats d, that usually means he's the center-fielder, and honestly, he plays that role really well - how often do the pats get challenged deep and to the middle of the field? The last time it really springs out to me was the Saints game last year, (and meriweather definitely had a rough game that night.)

I wish they would send him on more blitzes, as he has demonstrated great timing in past seasons.

I think the bigger issue is, other aspects of our secondary are so weak, that teams just throw where meriweather isn't.

This is the issue. Merriweather has physical skills, but he's dumb as a box of rocks. Sanders is physically challenged as far as pro athletes go, but he's smart as hell. This is a problem. Oh, and Chung can't cover.

Speaking of being invisible, did anyone even hear Brandon Tate's name called aside from being blown up at the 20 each time on kick returns.

Everyone talked about him being the answer on the other side of Moss and because of him, BB decided to pass on Boldin, Marshall and Dez Bryant, yet Tate has been a complete non factor. I mean he's not even getting the ball thrown to his side of the field that tells me that he's not getting open.

Last edited:
Speaking of being invisible, did anyone even hear Brandon Tate's name called aside from being blown up at the 20 each time on kick returns.

Everyone talked about him being the answer on the other side of Moss and because of him, BB decided to pass on Boldin, Marshall and Dez Bryant, yet Tate has been a complete non factor. I mean he's not even getting the ball thrown to his side of the field that tells me that he's not getting open.

I think Brady just doesn't throw to the other side enough. He had 4 rec last game which is good considering Moss and Welker are on the team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brady threw to him, he made a hell of a move after the catch too.

Who would you rather have starting right now, Tate or Wilhite? I think Bill did the right thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes