PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Meriweather introduced to a "Dynasty"

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. Bob is wearing a pink tie and square.

Rodney's gonna have some fun with this kid. During the interview he referred to Rodney twice, first time as a Future Hall of Famer, and then as a Future Pro Bowler. LOL This kid was nervous. I can see Rodney " So, you think I'll make the Pro Bowl someday ??? "

Apparently Meriweather was dressed in a very sharp suit. I can't wait to see the pictures.

It is not the day to be a smart alec. Welcome on board, kid...but your helmet on the horseshoe, bolt, or donkey.

Last edited:
He's built a lot sturdier than I expected.

Nice first impression, reasonably well spoken although he seems just a little nervous ;)

Haha VERY nervous, his voice wavers throughout the whole thing...certainly picking his words with caution. Seems like a nice guy though.

Haha VERY nervous, his voice wavers throughout the whole thing...certainly picking his words with caution. Seems like a nice guy though.

a lot of young guys are like that..not really used to talking in front of a media..nervous definatley.

a guy whos very poised in interviews is Brady Quinn..he seems like hes had experience of a 10 yr vet

I like what I heard and nervous is good-shows he's humble and has respect,which he should.
He's supposedly Rodney's successor; while nobody could match Harrison I think this kid has his killer instinct and certainly the skills. What he lacks due to inexperience he'll pick up as he goes along,especially with Rodney as a mentor.
Go Pats:rocker:

I like what I heard and nervous is good-shows he's humble and has respect,which he should.
He's supposedly Rodney's successor; while nobody could match Harrison I think this kid has his killer instinct and certainly the skills. What he lacks due to inexperience he'll pick up as he goes along,especially with Rodney as a mentor.
Go Pats:rocker:

hes Wilson's succesor in position..in a tremendous safetyi n terms of skill..he'll do better than Rodney ..in coverage that is.

hes Wilson's succesor in position..in a tremendous safetyi n terms of skill..he'll do better than Rodney ..in coverage that is.

He could-we got him at a younger age than we did Rodney.

a lot of young guys are like that..not really used to talking in front of a media..nervous definatley.

a guy whos very poised in interviews is Brady Quinn..he seems like hes had experience of a 10 yr vet

I'm sure that Quinn has had a lot more exposure and coaching up for interviews and media. This kid, while he looks like he's enjoying himself in the pic's, probably couldn't wait to get the whole thing over with! I'm sure he'll be taken under the wing of the vets, and we won't hear from him for quite awhile. I remember last year being surprised at how early we heard from Maroney. But he's probably more the exception than the rule. He seemed quite relaxed and in control of his interviews. Given the rabid nature of the Boston media, the Kraft's do a good job protecting their rooks until they are better "seasoned".

Yeah Quinn was one of the most publicized players in the nation at one of the most publicized universities in the nation. He has had tons of experience with press conferences and being the center of attention in front of the media. Meriweather has probably has barely any, being a safety which is a much less publicized and glamorous position. And given the way the media grilled him during his conference call I'm sure he expected the same treatment, and that couldn't have helped anything.

It's going to be interesting to follow Quinn's progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes