Not open for further replies.

JarOfMayo51

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 NFL Picks Grand Champ
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
So out of the entire secondary (including the mercenary Revis), it was Devin McCourty that had the biggest impact in that intense game against the Ravens..

This guy is MORE important than Revis to get resigned, but the words that Devin was using after the game are pretty frightening when he kept saying "I'm just glad that we have 1 more opportunity to keep this group together for another game, I love playing with these guys... im glad we have 1 more game together"

Go watch the interview on the field with him, you got the sense that he knew there hasn't been any ground made on his contract yet... What a DISASTER if they let McCourty walk in free agency..

Revis had a pretty average game overall, with 2 huge penalties, one of which negated a strip sack that would have given them the ball at the Ravens 1 yard line and another that gave them huge yards up the sideline right before the half.. He also got beat for a TD against a 36 year old WR who is only 5'8"...

SIGN MCCOURTY!

So out of the entire secondary (including the mercenary Revis), it was Devin McCourty that had the biggest impact in that intense game against the Ravens..

This guy is MORE important than Revis to get resigned, but the words that Devin was using after the game are pretty frightening when he kept saying "I'm just glad that we have 1 more opportunity to keep this group together for another game, I love playing with these guys... im glad we have 1 more game together"

Go watch the interview on the field with him, you got the sense that he knew there hasn't been any ground made on his contract yet... What a DISASTER if they let McCourty walk in free agency..

Revis had a pretty average game overall, with 2 huge penalties, one of which negated a strip sack that would have given them the ball at the Ravens 1 yard line and another that gave them huge yards up the sideline right before the half.. He also got beat for a TD against a 36 year old WR who is only 5'8"...

SIGN MCCOURTY!
I think you are going a little overboard on your disdain for Revis and your Kennedy Center Honors nomination for DMC.

He could be talking about Revis and his situation. You are speculating.

Until yesterday I would say revis may be more important...now Devin might be...

But we can franchise one and not the other so...

Agreed, gotta love McCourty, certainly disappointing to read those comments (didn't catch that interview).

Listen, I have my membership card to the Devin McCourty fan club but it's absurd to judge both players on the strength of one game. Revis and McCourty have both been outstanding this season. Hopefully that continues for 2 more games this season.

That's some serious reading between the lines, bruh.

That's some serious reading between the lines, bruh.

Agreed, you could just as easily read those comments as "we're not ready for this season to end."

But 100% right that McCourty played a tremendous game.

McCourty is a BB type player. It's hard to picture him not being resigned, but in the NFL, you never know. He played a great game, and was dominated the TEs whenever he had them in man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes