PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo at the Combine

Who said that?
No one. Ross was speculating that he might have fired his agent because his agent was making it hard to make a deal. That's possible, but since we don't know, it could also be that he thinks there's more money out there.

I think Mayo is going to fall in love with McCarthy and Nix when he pits the tape on:
I really think McCarthy, Pennix and Nix will really stand out in the film room.

Unless Onwenu fired his agent because he wants more than the agent was telling him is out there.
Curran reported that the previous agent said there's no way Onwenu was coming back to NE. Perhaps that was why he fired him.

Curran reported that the previous agent said there's no way Onwenu was coming back to NE. Perhaps that was why he fired him.
Could be, but I thought that report came out when Bill was still here?

Could be, but I thought that report came out when Bill was still here?
I don't know, but I just listened to one of the podcasts while driving and he mentioned that. I thought the timeline was longer as well.
I Dont Care Whatever GIF

I don't know, but I just listened to one of the podcasts while driving and he mentioned that. I thought the timeline was longer as well.
I Dont Care Whatever GIF
I hope so. I want Onwenu back for more.

Both Mayo and Wolf are saying the right thing about how to build a team. Let's hope they follow through.

I resisted it for a while, but talent especially at the skill positions on offense are more important than ever. You need a guy teams have to gameplan for whether it is the QB or a WR or TE preferably both a QB and receiver or two. It almost guarantees you a shot to get into the playoffs and be a contender, but you do need more to get over the hump and win.

I expect the Pats to be a big player in free agency. I expect deals to get done this week. Obviously they won't be announced until the legal tampering period in a week or two.

I don't care if it's Hunter Henry (though he has been our strongest guy in the red zone) or someone else, but the Pats are in desperate need of a TE or two. I'm not suggesting they tag him, but it's surprising how little mention the position has been getting.
Last year I wanted one of Two Guys Greenbay selected in 2023 Musgrave or Tucker Kraft but BB selected Marte Poopoo two selection before Kraft in the Third. :mad:

Both Mayo and Wolf are saying the right thing about how to build a team. Let's hope they follow through.

I resisted it for a while, but talent especially at the skill positions on offense are more important than ever. You need a guy teams have to gameplan for whether it is the QB or a WR or TE preferably both a QB and receiver or two. It almost guarantees you a shot to get into the playoffs and be a contender, but you do need more to get over the hump and win.

I expect the Pats to be a big player in free agency. I expect deals to get done this week. Obviously they won't be announced until the legal tampering period in a week or two.
Rob this is not a a good FA class with a guy like Tee Higgins getting tagged. :(

Rob this is not a a good FA class with a guy like Tee Higgins getting tagged. :(

It is actually a pretty good free agency for defense and even though the Pats need offense more than defense, they still have a lot of defensive needs.

And I think this is a year like two years ago where a top WR or two might be on the trading block because of they are getting close to a new contract and their team doesn't want to pay them or can't pay them. Justin Jefferson and Brandon Aiyuk are potentially in that category. There are a few others. And just because Higgins is tagged doesn't mean he won't be traded.

But there also may be some good, not not top WRs in free agency like Calvin Ridley, Hollywood Brown, and Tyler Boyd. All would be upgrades from what the Patriots had. If the Colts are stupid enough not to franchise Michael Pittman, he would be a good prize. There is Mike Evans too, but he is too old to be a guy to build around.

It is actually a pretty good free agency for defense and even though the Pats need offense more than defense, they still have a lot of defensive needs.

And I think this is a year like two years ago where a top WR or two might be on the trading block because of they are getting close to a new contract and their team doesn't want to pay them or can't pay them. Justin Jefferson and Brandon Aiyuk are potentially in that category. There are a few others. And just because Higgins is tagged doesn't mean he won't be traded.

But there also may be some good, not not top WRs in free agency like Calvin Ridley, Hollywood Brown, and Tyler Boyd. All would be upgrades from what the Patriots had. If the Colts are stupid enough not to franchise Michael Pittman, he would be a good prize. There is Mike Evans too, but he is too old to be a guy to build around.
I like Hollywood Brown but him and Pop Douglas would give us a bunch of Smurfs. Love Calvin Ridley... Tyler Boyd was always a Three pass. Pittman doesn't move the needle for me would love Higgins or Aiyuk in a Trade I would part with a Second Rounder for either.

IF I had a choice between the two I'm locking up Onwenu I'm favoring the Offense going forward. The Tag for Dugger at $17Mill is House money...I wouldn't break the bank for the one dimensional H Henry.
I'd franchise Onwenu because he's a serviceable RT, but he may not be the best fit scheme-wise in the long run. He's the best FA option for us going into 2024. We'll be lucky if we get a starting caliber LT in th a Draft or FA. Trying to fill both the Left and Right tackle positions in 2024 will be damn near impossible.

I wouldn't break the bank for an in the box safety with limited coverage skills.

My nephew got a fist bump from Jerod at the pre draft party today. 1000000409.jpg

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back