PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo at the Combine

Let's hope Mayo doesn't fall in love with ST's only players and overdraft them like his old Coach. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
IF I had a choice between the two I'm locking up Onwenu I'm favoring the Offense going forward. The Tag for Dugger at $17Mill is House money...I wouldn't break the bank for the one dimensional H Henry.
Agree to all of this.

Mayo is looking like 50

Sounds like there was a tornado warning there last night and people didn't get a ton of sleep.
Besides catastrophic storms, if you stay at the Renaissance there are a lot of Football people staying there to chat with or stalk if you're just a fan.

Mayo is looking like 50
They age really quick in this business I am 16 years older than Mayo but you wouldn't know it looking at him. The game really takes a toll on the body literally and figuratively.

IF I had a choice between the two I'm locking up Onwenu I'm favoring the Offense going forward. The Tag for Dugger at $17Mill is House money...I wouldn't break the bank for the one dimensional H Henry.
I would agree as well, Onwenu is more important right now to the team overall. Furthermore, the tag price for Dugger is more similar to the AAV of what a player of his caliber would receive on the open market.

I assume they are trying to push for extensions to both right now and will reserve the tag for whomever they cannot extend depending on who it is. They have another week or so left to use it.

I would agree as well, Onwenu is more important right now to the team overall. Furthermore, the tag price for Dugger is more similar to the AAV of what a player of his caliber would receive on the open market.
I don't care if it's Hunter Henry (though he has been our strongest guy in the red zone) or someone else, but the Pats are in desperate need of a TE or two. I'm not suggesting they tag him, but it's surprising how little mention the position has been getting.

I don't care if it's Hunter Henry (though he has been our strongest guy in the red zone) or someone else, but the Pats are in desperate need of a TE or two. I'm not suggesting they tag him, but it's surprising how little mention the position has been getting.
Guessing they want Pharaoh Brown back both because he was solid last year and because he has experience in AVP's scheme, but he'd be the TE2. They need that top guy. Henry is a good receiver, but his blocking is so-so.

For the money, I'd be pushing for Schultz, but if he's out of reach then you have options. I would be interested in Harrison Bryant from Cleveland who was solid last year and also has lots of experience with AVP. But there are a few other decent TEs that are in a similar range as well. Decent if unspectacular year for free agent TEs below Schultz.

Guessing they want Pharaoh Brown back both because he was solid last year and because he has experience in AVP's scheme, but he'd be the TE2. They need that top guy. Henry is a good receiver, but his blocking is so-so.

For the money, I'd be pushing for Schultz, but if he's out of reach then you have options. I would be interested in Harrison Bryant from Cleveland who was solid last year and also has lots of experience with AVP. But there are a few other decent TEs that are in a similar range as well. Decent if unspectacular year for free agent TEs below Schultz.
Give me Noah Fant.

I'm pushing for Schultz, too.

Considering that we're lacking great WRs, having good receiving TEs, like Henry, seems like a good back up plan. He's a guy who was able to make plays with both Mac and Zap, which suggests that he'd be even better with a good QB.

Not signing Dugger is going to be a decision that will come back and haunt this team.

I have him ticketed for perennial Pro Bowl for the next 5 years.

Not signing Dugger is going to be a decision that will come back and haunt this team.

I have him ticketed for perennial Pro Bowl for the next 5 years.
My prediction is that they will manage to extend Onwenu and then franchise tag Dugger. They have been effusive in praise for Onwenu the past couple days in the media, and Onwenu also fired his agent a few days ago. It is possible that Onwenu felt his agent was being a hindrance to getting a deal done. Onwenu is now representing himself with no agent.

My prediction is that they will manage to extend Onwenu and then franchise tag Dugger. They have been effusive in praise for Onwenu the past couple days in the media, and Onwenu also fired his agent a few days ago. It is possible that Onwenu felt his agent was being a hindrance to getting a deal done. Onwenu is now representing himself with no agent.
Unless Onwenu fired his agent because he wants more than the agent was telling him is out there.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back