PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maybe there is a simple and uncomfortable reason why Kraft did what he did....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
I don't need to say what it is, that should be obvious by the word "uncomfortable"... but I can't say I'm not starting to wonder. And if this is true...then it's a shame. And heads need to roll.

It would certainly explain Kraft caving like he did.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Goodell is having his love-baby? What is the uncomfortable?

Because everything was scripted (by kraft and goodell) since january and the nfl became the wwe 2.0, this stupid GATE made the nfl relevant during the ofseason.

Goodell is having his love-baby? What is the uncomfortable?

That someone or more than one person on the team may not be as innocent on this whole thing as we want to think.

It really is the simplest and most believable explanation for Kraft today IMO. Perhaps he became aware of some information that the league had that we don't know about...

I don't need to say what it is, that should be obvious by the word "uncomfortable"... but I can't say I'm not starting to wonder. And if this is true...then it's a shame. And heads need to roll.

It would certainly explain Kraft caving like he did.

Anyone else feel the same way?
From previous actions, I think he just caved for the good of the NFL the good ole boys. The NFL has not been shy about leaking info detrimental to the Pats....whether true or false

It's what everyone but Patriots fans believe already, and Kraft just gave them reason to crow

Ethical individualist here. So, I recognised the collectivist explanation almost before Kraft finished presenting it. I didn't realise that he is such a Marxist, or should I say believes in collectivism to that degree. Yeah, the whole collectivist thing- that Kraft stated -maps directly to the war on consciousness; the war on the individual. FYI: Schools, leagues et al are specifically set up to institutionalise the collectivist mindset; remove the individual.

Not slamming the OP but this motivation is EXACTLY what every one of us will hear thousands of times for the rest of our lives thanks to Kraft.
"He caved because he found out Brady lied"...league showed him proof of cheating...whatever

Thanks Bob you spineless toad.

From previous actions, I think he just caved for the good of the NFL the good ole boys. The NFL has not been shy about leaking info detrimental to the Pats....whether true or false

That is true... but to me just caving for the sake of the billionaires club makes no sense. He's not stupid...surely he had to know how that would go over with us. So maybe there's another reason why he did and there is a good reason why he felt he couldn't win.

I guess we will see what happens with Brady and whether he too backs down.

I think it's totally possible they messed with the balls, so give them a warning or a 20K fine like the other ball manipulators. Yes, there are reasons to think they jaywalked, but that doesn't justify a prison sentence. As for "if only they cooperated, the penalty would've been lighter", that's BS. They were totally upfront about "Spygate" and still got a ridiculous sanction. Just a massive abuse of power by the league office.

The NFL's entire basis for their punishment is the Wells report. There is nothing factual in the Wells report which implicates the Patriots.

If something was found after the fact, this would not reflect well on the NFL and their >5MM investigation. Very doubtful other information was found.

More likely he's being blackmailed. But ill take coward for 100, Bob.

No. If there is a simple reason it's because he knows he can't win and he has no desire to drag it out. That is it.

Any smoking "They really did it!" gun would have been leaked and you know it.

That is true... but to me just caving for the sake of the billionaires club makes no sense. He's not stupid...surely he had to know how that would go over with us. So maybe there's another reason why he did and there is a good reason why he felt he couldn't win.

I guess we will see what happens with Brady and whether he too backs down.
It makes perfect sense if you're a go along to get along kind of guy.

Yes, I'm pretty sure Brady secretly violated the rules then lied about it, and after Kraft became indignant in front of the national media Goodell threatened to expose Brady (who is curiously seeking a hearing with discovery before a federal court, but never mind that). So Kraft agreed with Goodell (who, of course,wants to protect Brady's reputation) to accept the punishment without any explanation because he cares so much about the fans he knows we would be better off not knowing. It is, after all, for our own good. We are fortunate to have such a wise owner whom we should trust implicitly. Don't forget to tip your waitress.

Last edited:
Uncomfortable reason #1: McNally did it and Brady knew.
Uncomfortable reason #2: McNally did it and Brady did not know.

That someone or more than one person on the team may not be as innocent on this whole thing as we want to think.

It really is the simplest and most believable explanation for Kraft today IMO. Perhaps he became aware of some information that the league had that we don't know about...

With all due respect this is a more preposterous failure of logic than the Wells report.
Seriously how can you even entertain this thought?
Really Roger Dodger and his Keystone Kops holding back information to protect the Pats while at the same time so crippling their own case against the Pats they could not win in court if they had a jury of primary school students is more of a stretch then all the moon landings were filmed in Calf.

Whatever "did it" was did NOT happen in the Colts game as the balls were where they should have been psi wise.
Why do folks forget this every 10 minutes?

Welp...

1. You're not right, but let's say you are. The proper course of action is to admit it and then pursue punishment reduction because this is still, at the end of the day, ABOUT PSI!!!!!! Seriously, it's not like those friggin' balls were flat! It's no darn different than any other ball warming/substance adhering nonsense any other team has done every single season. Also they blew that team out. So the punishment in no way fits the crime. Heck the accusing team actually did the exact same crime in recent previous seasons and it was the Pats that outed them. This whole thing went down exactly like Spygate in that regard.

2. Because of #1 it seems more likely Kraft is just ending what he perceives as an uncomfortable situation for him socially with the other owners. That's also an uncomfortable truth because he'd rather expose all the fans to the continued uncomfortable situations WE'VE endured since Spygate. (I'm not calling it cameragate anymore- what's the point?) Bonus: we get to endure that for the remainder of our natural lives or the end of NFL cultural relevance, whichever comes first.

So the simple reason still most likely boils down to him just not caring enough about the fanbase. And as far as I'm concerned that's WAY more uncomfortable than Brady wanting a PSI or 2 off a football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing