PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Patricia and the NFL screw job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDot

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
If Matt Patricia is not with the Pats is Beli able to counter the lies of the NFL?

Let me just ramble for a second.

- NFL Lies to the Pats and ESPN with BS PSI numbers.

- Matt Patricia is a essentially a rocket scientist(aeronautical engineer).

- Played Center

With the NFL feeding the Pats and media lies after the Colts game. With the 11 out out 12 ball ish. Does Beli's Presser about ideal gas laws happen without Matty on the staff?

Listen I have no inside info. But I honestly believe that if Matt was not on staff, that beli presser does not happen like it does.

Just my thoughts, just what I was feeling at this time..

Did not know that, interesting tidbit, Maybe the defense come out a bit later, perhaps too late

Kudos to MP

Last edited:
Isn't OG Flemming also an engineering guy?
I'm a EE and within minutes of hearing about this posted here PV=nRT.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist.

Has flemming or yourself played centre tho?

All jokes aside. With regards to Beli's presser tho. Bill was pretty much dead on. With all the BS that was going on that week, I just have a tough time believing that Matt was not a really big help.

The team has a worth of over 1 billion dollars and a large staff full of intelligent people, they have the resources to figure it out regardless. I don't think not having Matt Patricia on the team would have affected anything. I'd be willing to bet they reached out to people outside the organization to help confirm the test results and explanation. There is no way they let BB in front of the cameras with an explanation without 100% sure that it's correct, and it's verified by someone currently working in a field with the expertise to validate it.

Now I would not doubt that Matt may have put in his 2 cents as he's educated enough to realize cold weather affects pressure, however a lot of people on this board realized it too as soon as the story broke.

All jokes aside. With regards to Beli's presser tho. Bill was pretty much dead on. With all the BS that was going on that week, I just have a tough time believing that Matt was not a really big help.
I think BB said as much at the time. BB also said he was getting calls from professors and the link who were providing info.

Yes. In fact, Fleming was also an aeronautical engineering major (at Stanford).

Patricia is aeronautical engineering from RPI.
Cam Fleming is aero-astro from Stanford.

The team has a worth of over 1 billion dollars and a large staff full of intelligent people, they have the resources to figure it out regardless. I don't think not having Matt Patricia on the team would have affected anything. I'd be willing to bet they reached out to people outside the organization to help confirm the test results and explanation. There is no way they let BB in front of the cameras with an explanation without 100% sure that it's correct, and it's verified by someone currently working in a field with the expertise to validate it.

Now I would not doubt that Matt may have put in his 2 cents as he's educated enough to realize cold weather affects pressure, however a lot of people on this board realized it too as soon as the story broke.

Maybe so. But morts erroneous report came out on the wednesday(after the colts game) I believe and Bill was dropping science that saturday. I am sure their was others, but most teams would be caught flat footed dealing with lies like that, and yet a few days later Bill was putting on a science show. Bill could not do that unless someone understood the science from the start.

I am not saying Matt was the only one. I am just saying Matt was probably the only one who could have help the Pats go on the O that fast.

BB in less than 24 hrs, understood how the footballs are prepared, watched my cousin vinny again , and came out and laid it out there .Like he said "its not like we are polishing fine china here" . These bozos wasted 6 months + millions of dollars to come up with horsecrap.

BB in less than 24 hrs, understood how the footballs are prepared, watched my cousin vinny again , and came out and laid it out there .Like he said "its not like we are polishing fine china here" . These bozos wasted 6 months + millions of dollars to come up with horsecrap.

Lol, that Beli presser might be a all time BB presser. What is crazy, like you say, with all we know now, bill pretty much figured sh$t out in 3 days.

We are now in August. SMFH.

It's not an either-or.

Is it likely that BB went to Patricia for help? Sure -- he was the first-best most easily available choice.

If BB didn't have Patricia, could he have found help elsewhere? Sure.

It's not an either-or.

Is it likely that BB went to Patricia for help? Sure -- he was the first-best most easily available choice.

If BB didn't have Patricia, could he have found help elsewhere? Sure.

That's fair. But without Matt, I don't think that Saturday presser happens. :shrug:

That's fair. But without Matt, I don't think that Saturday presser happens. :shrug:

I'd forgotten this, but James Develin is another guy with the relevant coursework credentials: Chemical engineering degree from Brown. He may be the one person in the organization qualified to guess how FAST a football might reach equilibrium. (But I don't mean that too seriously, because Exponent's testimony at the hearing makes it clear that experimentation -- which they didn't do a very good job of -- is the only hope for reliable figures.)

Came here to say pretty much this.

BB has several people on staff and Matt Patricia might have been the guy.

But shame on you guys for not mentioning Ernie Adams! :D

Sometimes I get criticized for posting things that are a stretch of the imagination.. but even I have difficulty with this theory..

You are living in a resource rich area that is rife with the highest quality educational institutions, I suspect that Patricia was probably more involved in preparing for SB 49 than he was with the pressure of footballs..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back