PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney, Addai and Pats' rank

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcbee

Banned
Reaction score
Addai looks pretty good. Runs hard, doesn't go down on first contact like Maroney. Of course, that's not fair to Maroney, he gets run into the middle of the line, noone could get yards there. No holes. Not in the plain vanilla NE offense. I think the average college team has a more complicated offense.

With a hole, Maroney is more gifted, but Addai can make something from nothing.

Even undrafted Bell looks pretty good.

I'd have to put Chicago, SD, Colts, and Broncos ahead of NE. Broncos whipped NE in NE. Colts are playing them tough in Denver.

What are you talking about? Maroney doesn't break tackles??

Did you SEE the Bengals game?

Oh wait, i'm feeding the trolls...sorry guys

mr. negative..the Bears fan is back

maybe its because the Colts OL is better than ours and their WRs pose a much bigger threat than we did when we versed Denver..so it opens more up? watch the game and you'll see how the holes are there compared to what we had

Addai looks just fine. He's clearly not even close to Maroney. But he'll do fine for what they need.

mcbee said:
Addai looks pretty good. Runs hard, doesn't go down on first contact like Maroney. Of course, that's not fair to Maroney, he gets run into the middle of the line, noone could get yards there. No holes. Not in the plain vanilla NE offense. I think the average college team has a more complicated offense.

I'd have to put Chicago, SD, Colts, and Broncos ahead of NE. Broncos whipped NE in NE. Colts are playing them tough in Denver.
ummmm yeah dude the Colts ALWAYS play Denver tough.....

its a circle...
We play hard against colts, colts play hard against broncos, broncos play damn hard against us.

Don't be a jerkoff.

Maroney is better than Addai but i think Addai looks good and is better than what i expected.

Keegs said:
ummmm yeah dude the Colts ALWAYS play Denver tough.....

its a circle...
We play hard against colts, colts play hard against broncos, broncos play damn hard against us.
Real life Rock, Paper, Scissors.

Man...

You really are out of your mind. Addai is the epitome of a solid, not great back. He lacks twitch, bounce-back, and push. He is semi-fast (by pro-standards), is adept at the pro-pass game (as would any pro-ready college RB w/Manning), and has a great motor. As I said, as a pro, he is solid, but not great. This distinction is huge. It is the difference between an effective run game and an explosive weapon.

Solid gets you 16-67-1. 24-101-2. 18-57-0.
Explosive gets you 16-122-1. 24-167-2. 18-131-3.

Solid makes a LB sideways glance at the RB's feet to see where they go. Explosive makes him over-react. Solid will run out the clock when you need it. Explosive keeps the fans involved and makes it to ESPN highlights, whilst still running out the clock.

Yes, I am a Pats fan. No, I do not indiscriminately refuse the Colts.
Addai is simply solid. Maroney is explosive. Addai can be stopped by solid defense. Maroney twitches, stutters, etc and can foil a defense on his own.
You really need to step back and watch the boy. He is the most exciting player the Pats have had in a long time. Enjoy it.

mcbee said:

I think that you have been here long enough to not be considered a troll....but perhaps I am mistaken?

Maroney is a much more diverse back than Addai.....and in all honesty, is the BEST back out of this years draft. Addai has had alot more OPPORTUNITIES than Maroney, as he has been spelling Dillon alot. You give Maroney the consistent blocking that Indy has provided, combined with a relatively "cake" schedule thus far this year....and Maroney would be tearing it up.........Our offensive line has been inconsistent this year....some games blowing open holes well......other games getting destroyed on the line of scrimmage....Anyways......in my opinion, Addai is a straight on runner....and that is all he has going on.....Maroney has the straight on option, can juke and cut and leave the defender with his shorts around his ankles, HAS THE BEST STIFF ARM IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW, can hit that incredible "second" gear like very few backs in the league have.........Maroney is the real deal and has many angles.....Addai is a more one one dimensional threat.....

mcbee said:

Addai's running against 5 or 6 DBs. There's really no comparison.

I'll take Maroney and so would Polian if he could.

Corey Dillon would run for 300 yards a game with the Colts if he didn't have a heart attack first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe