PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Malcolm Butler Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe because the refs gifted them 2 touchdowns (and no, I don't mean the Ertz play at the end).

I am trying to think of the second one. The Clement play, and...?

Either way, doesn't matter. The D couldn't make enough plays tonight.

Benching one of your best player's on the Biggest stage. Maybe BB should have played on the other side of Gilmore he couldn't do any worse. :rolleyes:

Mike lombardi picked the eagles. Rodney harrison said the d was so slow he didnt understand how they made it past the afc championship. Our d was awful. It had so many chances to win this game. You cant be this blind

Agreed, this is inexcusable...41 points later and the
Most yards given up in Patriots playoff history. After what #21 has done for us, to do this to him, and to see him crying on the sideline is something I'll never forget...
BB has something against Butler, I don't know what it is, but he goes to the extreme when dealing with him. Oh well.

Wait WHAT???

Malcolm Butler was this team's best cornerback.
Won 2 Superbowls with this guy.
Had the league's best defense this season while Gilmore was out hurt with Butler and Bademosi.

Patriots lost the Super Bowl single-handedly because they didn't play their best cornerback Malcolm Butler.

I am trying to think of the second one. The Clement play, and...?

Either way, doesn't matter. The D couldn't make enough plays tonight.
Illegal formation on the 4th and goal trick play from the 1. Not 7 men on the LOS.

Belichick should not have benched Butler for this entire game. It is inexcusable for him to make a decision like that in the Super Bowl.

Belichick’s arrogance and stupidity cost us this game. Brady was unable to cover up Belichick’s mistake today as he has so many times in the past 20 years.

I’m whole heartedly disappointed in Belichick and him putting his need to send a message to a player who has helped him win 2 precious Super Bowls over the success of the team. There is nobody that can say we were better off with Rowe, Richards, etc. on the field.

We should wait for the reports. That said, if that's the reason why Belichick did that, he should be fired. Because that's a decision that was a direct reason for costing this team another Lombardi. He's supposed to do what's in the best interest of the team and that's not whats in the best interest of the team.

You are a brain dead dolt. Our defense was a joke. Butler has not played well all year. We didnt do enough to win. If you blame bill you are a moron, cause our d was ****ing awful.

Belichick certainly does deserve a lot of blame. He benched our number 2 corner who excels in run support and the team ended up giving up 41 pts. You telling me Butler couldn't have done a better job then Richards? He couldn't have covered Nelson Agholor instead of Chung? Belichick put a safety on a fast receiver who got burnt for a big gain. Pederson coached circles around Belichick tonight. Belichick is the greatest coach ever, but this was just a horrible game for him tonight.

What the hell happened?

Why no MJ?

I saw him crying during anthem ... strange

Wow. We CLEARLY have a bunch of fair weather fans on here. While I don’t agree (don’t know the true reason) with the Butler benching, you guys are going way overboard. FWIW, it’s amazing BB/TB are able to get to SBs with horrific defenses. I’m still proud to call BB my coach. Anybody who disagrees with it is a hypocrite because we see it in the GDTs EVERY WEEK. So, yes, they are fair weather fans. Our GDTs are full of fair weather fans. I’m obviously not addressing the level-headed ones, but if the shoe fits...

Last edited:
This is the first time im actually worried about the kraft -bb - brady rift, krafts comments last week had me a bit uneasy but not very close ncernes. You know kraft and brady cant be happy with this and its ramifications.

What the hell happened?

Why no MJ?

I saw him crying during anthem ... strange

I think that should clearly tell you he was told just before kickoff that he wasn't playing.

Belichick should not have benched Butler for this entire game. It is inexcusable for him to make a decision like that in the Super Bowl.

Belichick’s arrogance and stupidity cost us this game. Brady was unable to cover up Belichick’s mistake today as he has so many times in the past 20 years.

I’m whole heartedly disappointed in Belichick and him putting his need to send a message to a player who has helped him win 2 previous Super Bowls over the success of the team. There is nobody that can say we were better off with Rowe, Richards, etc. on the field.

You are free to say this forever. However, IMHO, Rowe played a fine game. The matchups were great, once Gilmore was moved. But, yes, I would think that Butler was a better #4 corner to bring in than Bademosi.

So we got beat by bad corner play? Butler is so lowly rated this year no one can count that low. Plus he was sick. I mean you guys must be joking. We had no sacks. Lol

Wow. We CLEARLY have a bunch of fair weather fans on here. While I don’t agree (don’t know the true reason) with the Butler benching, you guys are going way overboard. FWIW, it’s amazing BB/TB are able to get to SBs with horrific defenses. I’m still proud to call BB my coach.
Not fair weathered at all. I consistently post that Belichick makes many mistakes and has benefited from having the GOAT QB to cover them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents