PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Make Monday Night Football Great Again

Viper652

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
If I have to hear Sean say Derrick Johnson is 35 like it's 1920 and it's a miracle he's playing at his age, I'm gonna go insane

Anyway, they need a 3 man booth. It needs to be a big event again. Hell bring in Bill Walton for comedy relief at this point

I liked Gruden on that crew. He’s probably the most unbiased commentator in the booth. I’d rather hear some of his weird quotes than that patriots hating crew that is doing the falcons / rams game.

I liked Gruden on that crew. He’s probably the most unbiased commentator in the booth. I’d rather hear some of his weird quotes than that patriots hating crew that is doing the falcons / rams game.

Personally I can't stand Gruden. All you hear is "this guy is special", "he's a world beater", "keep your eye on _____". It's like we're supposed to believe that everyone on the field is a superstar. Too cheerleaderish for tastes.

I'm unsure as to who could replace what Gruden brought.

Put Romo in the booth with McDonough to handle the heavy lifting and add Daniel Tosh. If he's too inappropriate, then go for a younger crowd with Gaten Matarazzo.

Mike Francesa can do it, I think?

Michaels is by far the best football announcer. I also liked Gus Johnson when he did games on CBS.

If I have to hear Sean say Derrick Johnson is 35 like it's 1920 and it's a miracle he's playing at his age, I'm gonna go insane
I've said it before: Sean McDonough is NOT a football announcer. He's a freaking baseball announcer who can't transition to the right tone and delivery for football. The energy is all wrong, no real passion -- too matter-of-fact. I don't understand why he has that gig.

I don't mind Sean but it's weird and jarring after so many years of hearing his voice meant 'Oh, Red Sox baseball, change the channel'.

Put Romo in the booth with McDonough to handle the heavy lifting and add Daniel Tosh. If he's too inappropriate, then go for a younger crowd with Gaten Matarazzo.
Daniel Tosh is a rabid Dolphins fan who despises the Patriots.

I said eariler pair Romo & Moss but that might be too much offense in the booth?

Moss, Michaels, Romo?

I said eariler pair Romo & Moss but that might be too much offense in the booth?

Moss, Michaels, Romo?
I don't think CBS would let him go. Neither do I think Romo would want to be stuck with the Monday night games. CBS places Nantz/Romo on the best looking matchup each week, so they rarely get stuck with a crappy game to call.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back