PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maineiacs...

My wife and I went to Susan's yesterday. We had a coupon in our

Portland Dine Around Club book for a fisherman's platter for two. It

was quite good. Some time my son has a night detail in Portland, we'll

get together to try the deep-fried lobster tail on a stick.

The Fisherman's Platter is a great plate! I'll usually do that same plate for takeout on game days with a few Shipyard Pumpkin Head Ales.:eat2:

The Fisherman's Platter is a great plate! I'll usually do that same plate for takeout on game days with a few Shipyard Pumpkin Head Ales.:eat2:

When you have time some day, would you please list a few more of

your favorite eating places in Greater Portland. We moved from

Massachusetts to Kennebunk in 1976 and have eaten at relatively

few of the Portland restaurants.

Jimke,

I really like Gritty McDuffs. It's a brew pub in the Old Port, with GREAT beer. They also put on a pretty doggone good fish & chips, with real home-made potato chips, and a nice piece of fish. Get a pint of their Blackfly Stout to wash it down with.

And if you go down Congress Avenue by the Greyhound Bus Station area, there's a Denny's that is really nice. Yeah, I know, it's Denny's. However, this one is all done up like a real '50s diner, with jukebox, booths, stainless steel everywhere, etc. VERY clean and nice wait staff.

Respects,

When you have time some day, would you please list a few more of

your favorite eating places in Greater Portland. We moved from

Massachusetts to Kennebunk in 1976 and have eaten at relatively

few of the Portland restaurants.

Here's a few I always liked. Note these are mostly in the general Portland area. I moved from Portland to the Hartford area a year ago and miss living in Maine(born and raised). Alot more New York fans, but I still have some die hard Boston sports fans as well.

- Ricettas (by the mall) and Espos Tratorria (Congress St) are a couple good italian places I always enjoyed.
- Anthony's Italian Kitchen is a great sandwich shop in the Old Port, used to eat there all the time during work days.
- Portland Pie Company has a location in the Old Port and in Westbrook, great place if you like a good pie. A number of good specialty pies as well from here.
-Gritty's (Freeport and the Old Port), Sebago Brewing Company (by the mall and in Gorham), Ri-Ras (Irish bar by the ferry terminal in Ol Port), and The Great Lost Bear (Forest Ave) all serve decent food along with good beers and atmostphere.
- Margaritas is some decent Mexican, nothing special but good food and fairly good atmosphere. (Funny enough they actually have a Margaritas about ten minutes from Hartford, I always thought they were more of a Maine/NH -chain)
- Fore Street is a highly rated restaurant, a little more pricey and more of a special occasion thing. From what I've read, reservations is recommended.
- Becky's Diner in the Ol Port (right down on Commercial) is inexpensive, decent breakfast if you happen to be in the area. Nothing special, but it's always good to know a good breakfast joint if you end up in the Ol Port overnight.

Just a couple to throw out there, assuming these haven't gone out of business or moved in the last year. (And yes, I registered and made my first post on a Maine thread.)

Last edited:
Jimke,

I really like Gritty McDuffs. It's a brew pub in the Old Port, with GREAT beer. They also put on a pretty doggone good fish & chips, with real home-made potato chips, and a nice piece of fish. Get a pint of their Blackfly Stout to wash it down with.

And if you go down Congress Avenue by the Greyhound Bus Station area, there's a Denny's that is really nice. Yeah, I know, it's Denny's. However, this one is all done up like a real '50s diner, with jukebox, booths, stainless steel everywhere, etc. VERY clean and nice wait staff.

Respects,

Thank you. We'll have to try Grittys.

Here's a few I always liked. Note these are mostly in the general Portland area. I moved from Portland to the Hartford area a year ago and miss living in Maine(born and raised). Alot more New York fans, but I still have some die hard Boston sports fans as well.

- Ricettas (by the mall) and Espos Tratorria (Congress St) are a couple good italian places I always enjoyed.
- Anthony's Italian Kitchen is a great sandwich shop in the Old Port, used to eat there all the time during work days.
- Portland Pie Company has a location in the Old Port and in Westbrook, great place if you like a good pie. A number of good specialty pies as well from here.
-Gritty's (Freeport and the Old Port), Sebago Brewing Company (by the mall and in Gorham), Ri-Ras (Irish bar by the ferry terminal in Ol Port), and The Great Lost Bear (Forest Ave) all serve decent food along with good beers and atmostphere.
- Margaritas is some decent Mexican, nothing special but good food and fairly good atmosphere. (Funny enough they actually have a Margaritas about ten minutes from Hartford, I always thought they were more of a Maine-chain)
- Fore Street is a highly rated restaurant, a little more pricey and more of a special occasion thing. From what I've read, reservations is recommended.
- Becky's Diner in the Ol Port (right down on Commercial) is inexpensive, decent breakfast if you happen to be in the area. Nothing special, but it's always good to know a good breakfast joint if you end up in the Ol Port overnight.

Just a couple to throw out there, assuming these haven't gone out of business or moved in the last year. (And yes, I registered and made my first post on a Maine thread.)
We'll have to try a couple of these places. Thank You.

We'll have to try a couple of these places. Thank You.

I'd definitely recommend Portland Pie Co. IMO Ricettas is overrated, it's a ripoff from Bertuccis and just as expensive. If you like Greek, try the Falmouth House of Pizza on route 1. It's family-owned and run by a great Greek family. Anyways, if you like BBQ, try Norm's on the East End or Buck's Naked BBQ if you happen to venture to Freeport.

I live on the Maine NH border just west of Sanford.

I'd definitely recommend Portland Pie Co. IMO Ricettas is overrated, it's a ripoff from Bertuccis and just as expensive. If you like Greek, try the Falmouth House of Pizza on route 1. It's family-owned and run by a great Greek family. Anyways, if you like BBQ, try Norm's on the East End or Buck's Naked BBQ if you happen to venture to Freeport.

We had a pizza at Portland Pie Co. this P.M. We thought it was quite good.

This was the Portland Pie Co. located near Cabelas in Scarborough.

We had a pizza at Portland Pie Co. this P.M. We thought it was quite good.

This was the Portland Pie Co. located near Cabelas in Scarborough.

It's my favorite pizza joint. I haven't been to the one near Cabela's, but they have 2 other locations that I know of in downtown Westbrook and right intown Portland near the Civic Center and an easy walk to a great pub called Brian Boru's.

It's my favorite pizza joint. I haven't been to the one near Cabela's, but they have 2 other locations that I know of in downtown Westbrook and right intown Portland near the Civic Center and an easy walk to a great pub called Brian Boru's.

You should try Alex's Pizza in Biddeford. The best ever!

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back