PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Love this Parcells quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

40yrpatsfan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
This is from a NY Daily News article, which was about supposed bad blood between Belichik and Mangini:

Belichick is cold and cunning, qualities that have enabled him to become one of the best coaches in history. If you’re not with him, you’re against him, and he now sees Mangini has the enemy. It sounds crazy, I know, but it’s a cut-throat business. As Bill Parcells says, “Coaching isn’t for the well-adjusted.â€

I wonder what he thinks of Crennell?

There should be a prize for the most stupid misunderstanding of BB going. If so, this would be a candidate

1. BB hasn't stopped being friends with Saban -- he just doesn't call him to pick his brains about coaching every week. There is every indication from what he says about Saban (as little as possible in public, it's true) that he holds him in the highest respect.

2. Likewise with other coaches who are his rivals. The most obvious is the warmth he has for Cowher. I think that he also likes Gruden. I'm sure that BBfans can give other examples.

40yrpatsfan said:
This is from a NY Daily News article, which was about supposed bad blood between Belichik and Mangini:

Belichick is cold and cunning, qualities that have enabled him to become one of the best coaches in history. If you’re not with him, you’re against him, and he now sees Mangini has the enemy. It sounds crazy, I know, but it’s a cut-throat business. As Bill Parcells says, “Coaching isn’t for the well-adjusted.â€

Actually Belichick is pretty well adjusted. Parcells was talking about himself.

I think hard work, consistency and intelligence are the qualities that have caused him to be one of the best coaches in history.

And I think this stuff is just silly. There's only one Lombardi and BB's job is to win it. Case closed.

He gave Mangini a chance to be a co-ordinator before he was ready and he rewarded BB by accepting the head coaching job on the one team he really hates.

Rather than that made up "cold and cunning" phrase, why not BB in his own words about whether he wishes Mangini well when he doesn't play us.

Q: Do you want to see Eric do well in his career, except this week against you?

BB: I'm more concerned about us doing well. Really, I don't sit around the league cheering for everybody else. I cheer for the Patriots. That's my team. I want to see us do well and I want to do everything I can to help us do well and that's really where my focus is. Everybody else is on their own

Mike the Brit said:
There should be a prize for the most stupid misunderstanding of BB going. If so, this would be a candidate

1. BB hasn't stopped being friends with Saban -- he just doesn't call him to pick his brains about coaching every week. There is every indication from what he says about Saban (as little as possible in public, it's true) that he holds him in the highest respect.

2. Likewise with other coaches who are his rivals. The most obvious is the warmth he has for Cowher. I think that he also likes Gruden. I'm sure that BBfans can give other examples.

Quite true, but it's football season now.

And coaching football can be just a little competitive.

I'm sure a lot of the old guard probably think Mangini didn't pay his dues, but if he wins that will all be forgotten.

By the way, I don't think he thinks much of Dungy.

BB hates this kind of stuff and he doesn't want the team to get caught up in it so he ignores their questions and refuses to even provide them with a nugget.

This is just one of the media's "storylines" that they can't let go of. Remember in Patriot Reign when the media was harping on the BP/BB storyline and BB warned the team about commenting on it? (Vrabel's response was one of the all time greats which I won't quote here due the X-rated nature of it.)

I think they are making up all these stuff about changing access codes and refusing to give back Mangini's stuff. BB can carry a grudge (as we all know) but I doubt there's a much to this as the press would have us believe.

As for the "cold and calculating" They've latched onto that stereotype for BB and won't let go.

Hoodie said:
BB hates this kind of stuff and he doesn't want the team to get caught up in it so he ignores their questions and refuses to even provide them with a nugget.

This is just one of the media's "storylines" that they can't let go of. Remember in Patriot Reign when the media was harping on the BP/BB storyline and BB warned the team about commenting on it? (Vrabel's response was one of the all time greats which I won't quote here due the X-rated nature of it.)

I think they are making up all these stuff about changing access codes and refusing to give back Mangini's stuff. BB can carry a grudge (as we all know) but I doubt there's a much to this as the press would have us believe.

As for the "cold and calculating" They've latched onto that stereotype for BB and won't let go.

Would that be the fellatio quote?:D

stinkypete said:
I wonder what he thinks of Crennell?

don't think it's the same as taking a job with the jets....it's like you owned a pizza place and was very successful....and you mentored someone for a dozen years, until he decided he wanted to open his own place....and he opens it across the street.....you'd be pissed.

RayClay said:
Would that be the fellatio quote?:D

That would be the one. Thanks for thinking the more scientific "latin" version.

Parcells is always straight to the point with 100% logic..you gotta love him!!!:)

Belichick's job is to reign ruination and despair upon his opponents. That doesn't mean they still can't be friends off the field.

40yrpatsfan said:
Belichick is cold and cunning, qualities that have enabled him to become one of the best coaches in history...

Cold and cunning: Two qualities that best describe the brilliant WWII German Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, a/k/a "The Desert Fox".

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes