PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking on the bright side

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironwasp

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
It's been a tetchy weekend, with various bits of news denting the optimism of some, and taking the gloss off of a great off-season for others.

But even the darkest clouds have silver linings, and there was some really positive news as well.

First the silver clouds: (1) Big Sey and Rodney have both struggled to make it through a full season in recent years. Enforced absences of six (we hope) and four weeks respectively should keep both of them fresh and healthy and have them ready for the business end of the season.

(2) - Adversity. The Pats love it. It's been relatively difficult in recent years for the Patriots to paint themselves as disrespected etc, but they've managed to do it nonetheless. But with all the FA pick-ups we've had this off-season and the world and his NFL analyst calling the Pats the Superbowl favourites, even the chippiest of Patriots will have found it extremely difficult to find too much to turn to their pyschological advantage. Well, we have it now...

(3) - James Sanders, Jarvis Green and Brandon Meriweather. Jarvis has always done us proud backing up #93, and now he's got the spotlight again, I'd love to see him go. Vince Wilfork and Ty Warren will pick up the slack, and I'm looking forward to seeing the three of them in action. The same goes for Sanders and Meriweather. I loved Sanders in the second half of last season, and I want to see him playing to that level on Sunday. As for Meriweather, the kid's got a ton of potential. Won't do any harm for him to be in there learning the ropes early. That'll be of great help for the rest of the season also.

And the good news:

David Thomas off the PUP. Looking forward to seeing David Thomas back in action, another massive weapon for Brady.

Roll on Sunday. We've got loads to smile about and everything to play for.

they'll be fine. they have a very good team. the offense has everyone even with moss being a question mark that some people THINK he is. it's a manufactured story because people want to see it fail.

the defense has alot of good backups and would even be starters on other teams. as many have stated let the 93 and 37 come back strong for the stretch run.

It's been a tetchy weekend, with various bits of news denting the optimism of some, and taking the gloss off of a great off-season for others.

But even the darkest clouds have silver linings, and there was some really positive news as well.

First the silver clouds: (1) Big Sey and Rodney have both struggled to make it through a full season in recent years. Enforced absences of six (we hope) and four weeks respectively should keep both of them fresh and healthy and have them ready for the business end of the season.

(2) - Adversity. The Pats love it. It's been relatively difficult in recent years for the Patriots to paint themselves as disrespected etc, but they've managed to do it nonetheless. But with all the FA pick-ups we've had this off-season and the world and his NFL analyst calling the Pats the Superbowl favourites, even the chippiest of Patriots will have found it extremely difficult to find too much to turn to their pyschological advantage. Well, we have it now...

(3) - James Sanders, Jarvis Green and Brandon Meriweather. Jarvis has always done us proud backing up #93, and now he's got the spotlight again, I'd love to see him go. Vince Wilfork and Ty Warren will pick up the slack, and I'm looking forward to seeing the three of them in action. The same goes for Sanders and Meriweather. I loved Sanders in the second half of last season, and I want to see him playing to that level on Sunday. As for Meriweather, the kid's got a ton of potential. Won't do any harm for him to be in there learning the ropes early. That'll be of great help for the rest of the season also.

And the good news:

David Thomas off the PUP. Looking forward to seeing David Thomas back in action, another massive weapon for Brady.

Roll on Sunday. We've got loads to smile about and everything to play for.

I think you've captured everything quite nicely. Well done.

Something tells me Thomas wont be playing on Sunday, that is why we brought back Rivers..

We wont know till Wed for the injury report..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST