PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Looking ahead 4 days at the Pats/Lions game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Quick look at the upcoming game vs Lions

Both Butler and Arrington are similar in size, both struggle against bigger guys. Arrington got toasted on the TD from Wayne today. Earlier in the year it seemed that Butler was in the right position, but just couldnt make the play. Hopefully he has learned and will now finish off plays, I do agree that Butler has more talent than Arrington.

Which is why I'd love the McCourty match-up, but you're right, that won't happen.

Though I wonder if Butler would be more effective on the left side. I believe that's where he played all of last season with Bodden on the right side.

I don't like the short week + the travel. We should win this game of course, but I hope it isn't a trap game like the Cle Game coming before the Steelers & Colts.

It looks like one but I would be more worried if the opposing QB was Stafford

Koppen will have his hands full with Suh who looks like the next Ngata if you want to compare him early with someone.

Lions have the same short week too. I dont think it will be a trap game. National TV game. BB will have them ready

The Lions aren't traveling to the game they are at home.

The Lions aren't traveling to the game they are at home.

Its like a 2 hour flight, they will travel on Wednesday. Really isnt that big of a deal, they are professionals and be prepared

Both Butler and Arrington are similar in size, both struggle against bigger guys. Arrington got toasted on the TD from Wayne today. Earlier in the year it seemed that Butler was in the right position, but just couldnt make the play. Hopefully he has learned and will now finish off plays, I do agree that Butler has more talent than Arrington.

"Toasted" is a bit of an exaggeration. He had pretty good coverage on perfect throw from HOF QB to HOF WR. Reminded me of TD from last year to win game. No shame in just admitting other team makes a play.

"Toasted" is a bit of an exaggeration. He had pretty good coverage on perfect throw from HOF QB to HOF WR. Reminded me of TD from last year to win game. No shame in just admitting other team makes a play.

It was a good throw, but he got beat. He also set up that play with his horrible attempt of a strip and not tackling giving the Colts an extra 30 yards. He didnt play that great today. Some of that does has to do with the guy he was on mot of the game in Wayne

This will be agood game but the pats will play better and win. 24-17. If the D plays like it did against the Steelers, then its a blowout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back