Not open for further replies.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Slow around here, so I figured the forum could use some levity...

Cowboys' McFadden breaks elbow saving phone, out 2 months

IRVING, Texas — Darren McFadden fractured his right elbow trying to keep his new iPhone from hitting the ground and cracking.

The Dallas running back is likely to miss the start of training camp as a result, and fourth overall pick Ezekiel Elliott is that much closer to starting.

McFadden's injury happened at home over Memorial Day weekend, and he missed the next voluntary practice that was open to reporters. But he returned to workouts last week, eventually telling trainers that the elbow was still bothering him.

The fracture showed up on X-rays as part of the physical before mandatory minicamp that started Tuesday, the same day of surgery for the Cowboys' leading rusher in 2015.

Coach Jason Garrett said McFadden would miss "at least a couple of months," and training camp in California starts in late July. The Cowboys hope to have him ready for the season opener.

"He's real tough," said running backs coach Gary Brown, who said McFadden fell and saved his phone while breaking his elbow.

He might be real tough, but not real durable. Dude, you've made millions of dollars in your career. Let the screen break and pay to get it repaired. Either that and buy a new one and equip the new one with an Otter Box.

To be fair, none of us expect to get injured when we try to save our phone. What did he even do? Dive?

I hear McFadden is now changing his name to that of a famous author...

download.blog

..."Alexander Dumb-ass." :D

Last edited:
This is one of those situations with an explanation so ridiculous that I think it's more likely he was simply doing something he shouldn't have been doing.

This is one of those situations with an explanation so ridiculous that I think it's more likely he was simply doing something he shouldn't have been doing.

You think he pulled a Shawn Michaels? Precursor to some Sweet Chin Music?

0HOKc.gif

Probably slipped on a McDonalds bag like Brandon Marshall and was too embarrassed to say it.

Feel bad for McFadden.

Seems like Karma for good 'ole Jerry Jones (though true Karma would have had that happen in week 1-2).

The most Darren McFadden thing you could ever do. I laughed so hard when i read this story

So he saved his screen from cracking, by cracking his own bones? I feel like his priorities aren't quite straight...

Feel bad for McFadden.

Seems like Karma for good 'ole Jerry Jones (though true Karma would have had that happen in week 1-2).

True Karma for Jerry would be his wife coming home, hammerring him with a couple of rights across his jaw, dragging him into the bathroom to bounce his off the toilet a few times, then tossing his feeble ass onto a bed covered with guns and threaten to kill him if he told anyone. That would be true karma.

Edit: Greg Hardy Karma

Last edited:
True Karma for Jerry would be his wife coming home, hammerring him with a couple of rights across his jaw, dragging him into the bathroom to bounce his off the toilet a few times, then tossing his feeble ass onto a bed covered with guns and threaten to kill him if he told anyone. That would be true karma.

o_Oo_Oo_O

tumblr_inline_o255vbiF3P1tnuzcc_500.gif

Edit: Greg Hardy Karma
I see you made the edit. Though Greg Hardy was barely a Cowboy. Perhaps Karma for Jerry is keeping Jerry the GM gainfully employed

When he files for bankruptcy after blowing said millions I'll be shocked.

Well I think this is gonna be more commonplace in the NFL after they saw how ****, I mean, Roger Goodell treated the whole Brady phone situation. Elbowgate will be investigated momentarily.

Knowing a few Raiders fans who complained about him often, it doesn't surprise me at all. Dude can get hurt in a dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back