PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Logan Ryan: against Houston, Gillette was "as loud as I've ever heard it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I was there n IT WAS LOUD. I purposely looked throughout the game at the club seats n they were full (compared with being inside) I'll b there this Sunday n I DO EXPECT A SPIRITED CROWD!!!!!!

IMO, there is a common fallacy about Gillette that its always a graveyard.

The truth is yes pats fans have become spoiled and can be rather docile for a random regular season game but I've always felt the playoff atmosphere was more than adequate and could compete with almost any other fanbase.

I also buy into the theory that Gillette was poorly designed for noise amplification.

The crowd also gets up for many regular season games, it's just the expectations are so high and the patriots win so much, beating the bottom dwellers of the league does little to get people going.

Way out of town, and I understand the stadium's not built to amplify noise, so I applaud you fans!!
I'll be making noise here in North Carolina all weekend.

Way out of town, and I understand the stadium's not built to amplify noise, so I applaud you fans!!
I'll be making noise here in North Carolina all weekend.
Like even when you go to the store and stuff like that? Get yourself warmed up but don't go hoarse!

Like even when you go to the store and stuff like that? Get yourself warmed up but don't go hoarse!

I do it all the time here in the DC area. I don't even get weird looks.

Same here in NY. Mostly everyone knows I've been a Pats Fan for 41 Yrs, It makes it even more Sweeter.

Side note : anyone notice Ryan getting more airtime recently ? I wonder if the fact that BB trusts him to speak up bodes well for him in NE beyond this season...

One of the reasons playoff games are so loud is that many of the season ticket holders sell their tickets or don't show up. Three times I have had midfield first level seats for the championship, and twice in the second levels.

I live far away, and I typically see one regular season game, 2 on the road (one in Buffalo every year, and then either NY Jets, Pitt or Cleveland) and 1 home game.

Longtime Patriot fans show up who don't mind the cold weather at all.

Where I live in the Santa Clara Valley, if I yelled and screamed, most people would think I'd just gone normal crazy. Not many football fans around here. I'll try to make up for it on Sunday. ;)

I'm sitting on my ass now because after 2pm Sunday I don't plan on sitting until midnight when I get home. If I can talk my girl into throwing the beats on.... I may exercise the vocal chords ;-)

Last edited:
One of the reasons playoff games are so loud is that many of the season ticket holders sell their tickets or don't show up. Three times I have had midfield first level seats for the championship, and twice in the second levels.

I live far away, and I typically see one regular season game, 2 on the road (one in Buffalo every year, and then either NY Jets, Pitt or Cleveland) and 1 home game.

Longtime Patriot fans show up who don't mind the cold weather at all.
I'm just the opposite. I'm a STH that misses several regular season games a year for various reasons but never miss a playoff game. I pretty much keep the tickets just for the playoffs TBH.

And I'm a loud little bastard.

I'm just the opposite. I'm a STH that misses several regular season games a year for various reasons but never miss a playoff game. I pretty much keep the tickets just for the playoffs TBH.

And I'm a loud little bastard.

You see. It is louder there in the playoffs.

all set here.... cancel that additional seating bowl thread i just wasted 3 seconds of my day reading about. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back