PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Lions DT Ndamukong Suh {edited 2x} WINS APPEAL TO UNSUSPEND for latest stomp/step for playoffs

Patriot_in_NY

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/549627060172636160

This guy is such a piece of garbage, and now completely hurts his teams chances in the post-season. Really cannot understand why he's not suspended indefinitely. How many times can a guy get punished for the same act (which is not meant for anything other then deliberately injuring another player).

Not sure if this is more speculation, or reporting.

Last edited:
This guy is a world class athlete, and he cannot keep his balance.. Dominic Raiola was out yesterday for dirty play... this guy is a turd, and deserves time on the bench.

But Goodell will not do anything as he does not want to take away from the playoffs..

yw5zv7cl59ledpu2k3ed.gif

In real time, it was hard to tell whether or not that was dirty but the GIF shows that he stepped back with his right foot, felt Rodgers' calf, and continued to step back with his left and really plant. If it was an accident, he would have stepped off Rodgers' calf immediately.

^^^^ Agreed.... The second step was definitly deliberate Kontra. Given this guy's history and now he's stepping on Rogers (a possible MVP candidate and NFL Golden Boy), can't see how he doesn't get suspended for this.

In real time, it was hard to tell whether or not that was dirty but the GIF shows that he stepped back with his right foot, felt Rodgers' calf, and continued to step back with his left and really plant. If it was an accident, he would have stepped off Rodgers' calf immediately.
Yes. You'll see that after he gets his left foot set, he deliberately raises his right foot and hangs there making sure to put all his weight (300+ pounds) on the left foot. Absolutely intentional.

Another dirty play by the Lions. What a shock. Suh should be suspended because of his past actions, too. He just can't help himself.

Yes. You'll see that after he gets his left foot set, he deliberately raises his right foot and hangs there making sure to put all his weight (300+ pounds) on the left foot. Absolutely intentional.

I actually think the right foot might have hurt more. That was a cleat scrape against the shin by a 300 pounder. That had to hurt like a *****.

I actually think the right foot might have hurt more. That was a cleat scrape against the shin by a 300 pounder. That had to hurt like a *****.
Yeah, but he could, maybe, get away with calling that one an accident. The deliberate step back, raise of the right foot and then pause with full weight fully on Rodger's leg is the smoking gun.

NFL reviewing it now it could be a suspension of the next playoff game. I hope so.

Definitely going to be routing for the Cowboys in this game.

Done.
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 3m3 minutes ago
Ndamukong Suh is being suspended for Sunday's game against Dallas, per @mortreport. When he appeals, hearing officer will be Ted Cottrell.

When he wins the appeal, then Goodell et al, can blame the hearing officer. Their hands are clean, this guy is a repeat offender.

Discipline is supposed to be corrective, and obviously what has been previously been tried does not work.

If it was another guy I don't think it would be a big deal. Collins stepped on Rogers hand and no one thought anything of it (different play but somehwhat similar). I guess what I'm saying is Suh is a dirty P.O.S. but this type of suff happens all the time. He was looking in the other direction so it's hard to prove intent IMO.

Not to mention he wouldn't have lifted his right foot completely off the ground. He did that to ensure his whole weight would be shifted to his left foot.

I give him +1 point for an attempt at subtlety but -100 for being dirty.

If it was another guy I don't think it would be a big deal. Collins stepped on Rogers hand and no one thought anything of it (different play but somehwhat similar). I guess what I'm saying is Suh is a dirty P.O.S. but this type of suff happens all the time. He was looking in the other direction so it's hard to prove intent IMO.

Pretty easy to see intent when you look at the picture that plays in an endless loop.

No. Watch the video again. He steps backwards onto Rodger's leg with his right foot. That /could/ be argued was an accident. But THEN, feeling the leg, he steps back with his left foot, centers it on Rodgers leg, then lifts his right foot so that all his weight is on the left foot and then PAUSES. Nothing could be more clearly intentional.

Sorry but I have to ask, which was more deliberate? The two helmets to the knee on Gronk, or this? Because one isn't worth even a $100 fine and the other is worth an entire game.

Sorry but I have to ask, which was more deliberate? The two helmets to the knee on Gronk, or this? Because one isn't worth even a $100 fine and the other is worth an entire game.
The knee hits weren't in violation of the rules. While arguably dirty from a ethical standpoint, they were perfectly legitimate attempts to tackle Gronk. This was an after the play attempt to injure another player.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back