PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Let's Mock Draft Together by Board Consensus

slam

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
For an experiment, I'd like to have a mock draft where I follow the consensus on this board. I will run a 7 round mock using Pro Football Network's Mock Draft Simulator (profootballnetwork.com/mockdraft/), and I will follow whatever course of action is agreed upon by the first three people to agree. If three people agree to draft Mac Jones, then I'll draft him. Or if three say to trade back, I'll do that. Not sure if this will take an hour or a week, but let's try. I'll describe the situation that the team is in as we go, and give you options and look into position groups if you want. We can trade up, trade back, use next year's draft capital if needed.

So to begin, what should I look to do first? Do what it takes to trade up? (To where? Using how much?) Try to trade up if ____ falls to ____? Stand pat until 15? Tell me what to do!

Try to trade up to 4 if all 3 qb go with first 3 picks
Try to 6/7 if Lance is still there or maybe fields
Future capital needs to be used otherwise it won't be enough probably.
( I am assuming they view either one of the top 4 qb as franchise qb)

Try to trade with Bengals for 5 or Lions for their 7th if Wilson/Lance is there,
to stay put it depends on what players are left on the board, Top LB? Any good WR left? What are the offers for the 15th pick, can you get some nice value (more picks this year or a first next year at least)?

First three picks are Lawrence, Fields, and Devonta Smith.

So if we're trying to trade up to get Lance, what's our limit? #1, #2, and next year's #1? More than that?

So if we're trying to trade up to get Lance, what's our limit? #1, #2, and next year's #1? More than that?
Want to trade up to 4 or 7?

I can make a proposal at 4, but no guarantee it'll be accepted. We're only going up for Lance is what I'm hearing.

I can make a proposal at 4, but no guarantee it'll be accepted. We're only going up for Lance is what I'm hearing.
Not for wilson? What do you mean by "what i'm hearing"?

By people posting on this thread, but I missed someone putting Wilson in too.
Oh sorry i wasn't sure between Postd here or draft rumours from the pats.
I like Wilson.
I think Best Option now would be a trade to 4 if we really want one or to 6/7 cause bengals are going different direction.

Falcons have accepted my offer of the #1, #2, and next year's #1 for the #4 overall. We're on the clock.

Falcons have accepted my offer of the #1, #2, and next year's #1 for the #4 overall. We're on the clock.
Good job.
My choices would be lance or wilson. I am fine with both. Maybe lance would be a bit better fit idk. Wilson regarding to reports Excels in a wide Zone scheme.

So we gotta choose one. First to three votes wins. I vote Lance. Who else wants a say?

Stay at fifteen and draft Mac Jones.
It amazes me that virtually everyone on this board has acknowledged that what made Brady great were his intangibles - the work ethic, the chip on his shoulder, his ability to read defenses, etc. Not his athleticism. So what do most of the posters want in the draft? A quarterback with great athleticism.

Maybe someone could set up 32 polls for each of the 32 picks of the first round and give everybody a chance to vote.

I vote Lance.

I believe that makes it 2 votes to Lance, zero to Wilson.

Wilson fans better get voting.

I vote Wilson. ( just to keep things interested;) )

Based on the level of competition, the small body of work and a run orientated offence are we 100% convinced Lance isn't going to be a horrific bust?

Based on the level of competition, the small body of work and a run orientated offence are we 100% convinced Lance isn't going to be a horrific bust?
I mean run orientated offense is a nice fit here since we will be committed to the run i guess. I understand the competition argument, but just two thoughts:
- Wentz came from the same school i think and i thought he was totally fine in his first seasons
- a lot of OSU/Bama QB's were busts even though they had the best competition

@KontradictioN
Lets Go Eating GIF by BYU Cougars
needs your vote !!

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots