PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Left Tackle

Don’t laugh. Calvin Anderson. He could play a big role if he’s fully recovered from his mysterious illness. Don’t be so Hobbes about this prospect, guys.

The Bengals invested big money on a LT specifically to move Jonah Williams off that spot. That's a red flag imo. He's called a "league average LT" in some reports but for the Bengals to have done what they did, they have to see him as less than that.
Just like Chicago did last year with RT Reiff.

Joe Alt with 3rd pick and a QB in second round. Just throwing it out there.
if the qb we have targeted is taken in the 1/2 spot, this is an acceptable pivot

Don’t laugh. Calvin Anderson. He could play a big role if he’s fully recovered from his mysterious illness. Don’t be so Hobbes about this prospect, guys.
that needs to be proven before it can be believed

There has been a decided lack of movement in filling the LT position early in free agency... This is one big hole to fill...

This signify that we will be addressing this in the draft?

Are there any decent tackles out there in FA that we could bring in?

It’s hard to say when we don’t know who they are talking to. And it could be that right now the Patriots aren’t seen as a prime landing spot for free agents, so they be getting rebuffed and have to go options b, c, d….

that needs to be proven before it can be believed

Agreed. I could see a best case scenario where they're planning to play Onwenu at RT, so they sign/draft/trade for a legit LT. Then Anderson shows well in camp so they kick Onwenu back inside and play Calvin at RT instead. But no way they're going to (or should) enter camp with Anderson as plan A for anything.

Agreed. I could see a best case scenario where they're planning to play Onwenu at RT, so they sign/draft/trade for a legit LT. Then Anderson shows well in camp so they kick Onwenu back inside and play Calvin at RT instead. But no way they're going to (or should) enter camp with Anderson as plan A for anything.
still see Onwenu in RT? The Pats did bring in Okorafor...

We are OVER three hours into free agency and the off-season and I guess that it is time for some to panic.

There are lots of LT's left. I expect that we will draft one who would be expect to start until our low first or early 2nd round draft pick is ready to start.

There has been a decided lack of movement in filling the LT position early in free agency... This is one big hole to fill...

This signify that we will be addressing this in the draft?

Are there any decent tackles out there in FA that we could bring in?
What happened to them being in on Tyron Smith? At this point, feels like the LT will be a rookie IMO.

What happened to them being in on Tyron Smith? At this point, feels like the LT will be a rookie IMO.
Did we miss on Smith. Who signed him?

And yes, I recognize that the only signings that count are in the first three hours of Day One of free agency.

Did we miss on Smith. Who signed him?

And yes, I recognize that the only signings that count are in the first three hours of Day One of free agency.

Thanks for your expertise. I do not know why he isn't picked up. We were supposed to be in on him.. I guess that could be said about all teams right now.

Jonah Williams off the board. Don't think he was an ideal answer at LT or even RT, but would have been a fine stop gap.

I would not be shocked to see Sow starting Game One at LG.

Is Eliot Wolf reading “Patsfans”?!​

“Patriots add Cole Strange insurance at guard (source)”​

Patrick Paul at pick number 34!

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference