PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kraft auctioning Super Bowl LI ring for charity

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like Brady will be the highest bidder. Brady wanted another SB ring.

I don’t know if I agree with you or not, but even $10 million is only about 0.1% of his net worth. That’s nothing to him. He could donate 10 times that amount and it’s still only a rounding error to his net worth. I don’t get the point except for positive publicity. I said he’s worth about $6 billion. He could donate $500 million (obviously liquidity would be an issue) but he would still be worth about $6 billion. https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thestreet.com/.amp/lifestyle/robert-kraft-net-worth-15129697

What’s the point of selling that ring? How could that not be invaluable to him and his family, worth more than dollars?

The real question is, why does it upset you so much that he’s doing this? Why do you care if it stays in his family or not?

What’s the point of selling that ring? How could that not be invaluable to him and his family, worth more than dollars?
It’s not likely it’s a big deal to his heirs. His son already has one.

Thing is, Kraft is a mensch. A ring is a thing. It has no value compared to doing the right thing. What he is doing is donating a time in the spotlight to a worthy cause. Giving them money, any amount of money, wouldn’t have the same effect. And the cause he is recognizing is the selfless sacrifice of people doing the right thing. Giving the ring is consistent with that message of sacrifice. Keeping the ring and giving money would be selfish and not meaningful in the way giving the ring is. That may not make sense to you, but it’s what a mensch does.

Current bid for this ring is $1,025,000 which is quite honorable.. for those of you who want to denigrate him for his alleged cheapness he also sent a plane to pick up 1.2 million N-95 masks a couple of weeks ago...

It would be nice if every billionaire did this sort of thing.. take his charity for face value, it is what it is..

TBF, I do kinda feel bad for Blank. [FWIW, he's donated over $5M to Atlanta-area charities.]

I feel bad for Blank because his wife dances like Elaine from Seinfeld.

giphy.gif

It’s nice that he’s giving to charity, but he’s worth about $6 billion. He doesn’t need to sell his ring to donate. You’d think he’d hold on to it and keep it in the family.
These things aren't mutually exclusive maybe this is above and beyond the cash he is planning on donating.

Donating the ring sacrifices something Kraft holds dear and attracts attention that supports other people of means doing similar good acts. Donating $1 million would not be a serious personal emotional sacrifice at his net worth. Good for Bob!

The real question is, why does it upset you so much that he’s doing this? Why do you care if it stays in his family or not?

It doesn’t upset me. Emotion doesn’t really come through well in a few sentences of text. I’m just discussing it in a relevant thread.

Is there any fine print that you have to get the ring from Vladimir Putin?

And yes, I know it's not that ring

d%#*!@t! My ceiling for bidding was a million dollars. Now they are at $1,025,000. I guess I am out. I guess I will buy a cheap knock off on eBay for $50 instead.

Kraft: Hey Jon Jon, where’s that case of extra SB rings

Jonathan: Under the stack of Globe toilet paper next to your toilet bowl booster seat

Kraft: My accountant says we need more charitable deductions to offset my legal expenses in Florida. Let’s auction off a ring to some fanboy before the season gets cancelled.

Jonathan: Brilliant! I’ll leak it to the usual suspects and get you a zoom feature on Good Morning America.

Kraft: Thanks Jon Jon. Now send in Ming Li and my bartender

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back