PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Kosar wanted Belichick to Browns in 1999

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the story about his bankruptcy - how did he wind up owing the Browns $1.5 million? Usually when a team cuts player they owe HIM money, not the other way around. Plus you'd think if he had been borrowing money from a club it would have been from the old Browns (i.e. the Ravens), unless it was for something after 1999, but even then why would they lend him him money?

As for the BB/Browns thing, admittedly Belichick wasn't the most personable man during his time in Cleveland, but the press there took out their frustration with Modell on him.

I'm not sure I can believe him. Sounds like a MMQB quote to me.

Belichick was blasted for getting rid of Kosar and this was cited as an event in order to criticize Belichick.

Now that Kosar appears to have supported Belichick, it's interesting that so many comments by Browns fans are bashing Kosar as a bum, a nut, and overrated.

People just love to hate Belichick, and when a former player used to fuel the Belichick hate doesn't fit their means, even the player gets bashed for it.

For me, this is way too much ancient history and "he said/he said."

But, I am sorry that Bernie Kosar ended up in the financial mess in which he seems to find himself. It's sad to see a guy with that much talent make whatever misjudgments or fall prey to whatever bad luck got him to this point. I wish him well.

Belichick was blasted for getting rid of Kosar and this was cited as an event in order to criticize Belichick.

Now that Kosar appears to have supported Belichick, it's interesting that so many comments by Browns fans are bashing Kosar as a bum, a nut, and overrated.

People just love to hate Belichick, and when a former player used to fuel the Belichick hate doesn't fit their means, even the player gets bashed for it.

I made the mistake of looking at the comments down the page from that story, and saw that a bunch of Browns fans are convinced that BB is a "cheater." Apparently then he didn't cheat when he was in Cleveland. ;) More likely he couldn't do anything with a team that had no QB and blew its salary cap on Andre Rison.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back