PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

King not expecting Pats/Colts opener...

Status
Not open for further replies.
My gut says the league wants to recreate the SB than wasn't with New Orleans @ Indy Thursday night, and they find a re-match for Da Bears like @ Seattle Sunday night, and we host SD on Monday night.

I don't think we'll start on the road with a 5 game pre season schedule that includes our little week long road trip to China via Seattle - who will also open at home as a result.

Not with the Parrot heads being at the Razor for a week, we will open on the road, unless we open on a Monday...

Last edited:
Indy will either have a bye the week before or the Pats will play Monday night and have a short week whenever it is.

I didn't know that. You're right, I doubt it too. So, if not the Colts to start the season, then Who? Do you think that we might start the year on the road against a divisional opponent?

I think we will start the season at New York Jets...Just a guess but I think its become more of a Rivalry now with teacher and student against each other,I see the league doing that in the initial game of the season for NE.

As far as the opening game with Indy on thursday night?,I think its highly likely its Denver at Indy that night.

The Colts and Pats were a Thursday nite game....

Right. That was when the Colts whined about playing at NE on a Thursday in week 1. Since then the Thursday games have not been rematches or games that could determine HFA early on.

If the NFL really wants to avoid HFA being impacted they should always make the Thursday opening game an inter-conference game.

Last edited:
Not with the Parrot heads being at the Razor for a week, we will open on the road, unless we open on a Monday...

Isn't that what I said? Now that we have the turf installed cleaning up after the Parrot heads - who will be in for 2 seperate nights shows, Bob won't let them camp out all week like it's Great Woods- will be a piece of cake 8 hour turnaround. Heck we rebuilt the whole field in a week so a 48 hour concert to football turnaround will be NBD...

One of the last quotes I heard from King was "Parcells will be the coach of the Cowboys next year".

Pats at Indy, Thursday night opener.

Isn't that what I said? Now that we have the turf installed cleaning up after the Parrot heads - who will be in for 2 seperate nights shows, Bob won't let them camp out all week like it's Great Woods- will be a piece of cake 8 hour turnaround. Heck we rebuilt the whole field in a week so a 48 hour concert to football turnaround will be NBD...

Sorry I ment to quote the other guy, hit the wrong quote button my bad..:eek:

Colts/Pats will be the highest rated football game outside of the playoffs. It's stupid to be it in the opener. Save it for sweeps in November.

You think so? I used to go to Japan on business and it left me f'd up for a few days, on both sides of the pond. Kraft would know that kind of thing happens and I'd hope he wouldn't push for such a trip. But, whatever.

Pats were the first (and maybe still the only) team to have a Chinese-language version of their website. Obviously the China market is one they're interested in pursuing.

Anyway, I'm probably the one person happy that the Pats are coming to China.;)

Personally, I'd love to see the opener against the Ravens. The Sox are playing at the Orioles on Sept. 7,8, & 9, so if the Pats open up against Baltimore, we're looking at a road trip that would include the Sox/Orioles on Friday, golf on Saturday, and Pats/Ravens on Sunday. PLUS Southwest offers a cheap shuttle from Providence to Baltimore every hour. Anyone got suggestions on where to stay?

Personally, I'd love to see the opener against the Ravens. The Sox are playing at the Orioles on Sept. 7,8, & 9, so if the Pats open up against Baltimore, we're looking at a road trip that would include the Sox/Orioles on Friday, golf on Saturday, and Pats/Ravens on Sunday. PLUS Southwest offers a cheap shuttle from Providence to Baltimore every hour. Anyone got suggestions on where to stay?

The Marriot is within walking distance of both Camden and the football stadium. I stayed there a few years ago and could watch BP from my room before walking over to the game.

Also within walking distance of the Inner Harbor area (ESPN Zone, Aquarium, shopping, dining, etc).

It would have to be a Monday Nighter if at Baltimore. The Ravens' & O's stadiums are within spitting distance of each other. It would present all sorts of traffic/parking nightmares, no matter what time the football game is played.

I believe Cincinnati has the same situation with its stadiums, and the Reds are at home 9/9 as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News