PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ken Rosenthal: The Red Sox are too white

I heard this assclown babbling on EEI yesterday about this; 8% of baseball players are African Americans and he singles out the Red Sox. This is 2008, not 1968 you tool.................

what an idiot..

Rosenthal, circa May 2008:
The Red Sox are a better example of a melting pot, but they are not just a cultural melting pot. The Sox are a blend of players young and old, gifted and ordinary, wealthy and hungry. The pieces — from Manny Ramirez to Dustin Pedroia, Daisuke Matsuzaka to Jonathan Papelbon — could not be more disparate.
Red Sox with Manny: Cultural melting pot.

Red Sox without Manny: Too white.

What a freakin' idiot!
Yes, the Sox have a history of racism. Tom Yawkey is dead now, his team president at the time, is either dead or long forgotten (also a racist).
So this current team has players from around the world (gee, I'd have to go to a team bio to actually count the American born) and this guy is calling them racist? Wasn't that what some writers were saying about the Celtics before last year. How's that theory working?

He seems to be focusing on skin pigment rather than descent...wonder how drunk he was when thought that was a good topic. He says they are too caucasion and then rambles off what, 7-8 players who are either puerto rican, dominican, native american, japanese or african-american (pc is bull****, what happened to indian, and black? Lot less typing and im a bit ineabriated). Seems he should have thought that through a bit more. The point I got from the first few paragraphs was: if you are not black or a dark skinned hispanic, you are a wasp by default. Thats the way hes treating it initially anyways. I didn't bother reading the whole article because frankly I dont give two sh*ts.

Dude can't stop talking about Manny.

complete and total garbage:mad:. the media in this country is a joke.

Probably not a smart column to write by Rosenthal.

But in a league of mostly nonWhite players, to have a team that is 3/4 White is pretty interesting.

Probably not a smart column to write by Rosenthal.

But in a league of mostly nonWhite players, to have a team that is 3/4 White is pretty interesting.

You think it has merit? Afterall, Theo did trade Manny for Jason Bay.

Considering that 28% of players are foreign born, having a team that is 3/4 white is just about average.

Last edited:
I'd bet that the newspaper writers have a lower percentage of black writers than does major league baseball have black players. What about: swimming, polo, tennis, hockey and soccer? The majority of black youngsters play basketball that's one reason for the 8% of major league ballplayers. This hack is just throwing out some **** to see what sticks to the wall. I bet this moron is what Howie Carr calls a MoonBat or an ex teacher.

You think it has merit? Afterall, Theo did trade Manny for Jason Bay.

I dunno, but I don't think melanin levels was a factor in Theo's decision making. :)

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back