PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Justin Rodgers info

Status
Not open for further replies.
In football years, but I'm using TBC as a model. If you knew you could draft a rookie who'd start for you in 3-4 years, wouldn't that be worth it? For instance, if Bam makes the team next year and catches 30+ passes, wasn't it worth it to keep him around?

I could be way off on this, but I think Rogers could be a starter in 3+ years, depending on his competition. Not an all-pro, but a solid starter. Optimistic, but possible.

I think it's what you are looking for in a player. if you surround him with some pro-bowlers then that's fine, but you also have to consider he will have flaws like TBC had against playing the run. We saw this against the chargers where the right side of the line was getting blown up. If you can hide these flaws then you get a good return on a 6th round draft pick. I just think alot of people fall in love with Rogers for play in the preseason in which the majority are backups.

Its sort of funny, I thought he looked slow in the games I saw. He had a couple good "football" plays, which made me like him, but still I kept thinking, boy he looks way to slow to drop into coverage. Still he was fun to watch, never give up kind of player.

I actually really liked seeing Rodgers and Woods on the ouside with the second unit. I found it very comforting. Im sorry to see him go, and I wonder whether BB wouldnt have kept him on the 53-man if he had known that the Cowboys would pick him up on waivers.

Rogers will be happier being in his home state, and will a better chance to get some more playing time it seems to of worked out well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST