PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julius Peppers -- Shoulda, Woulda & Coulda ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would tell your inlaws that, while the Giants are a good team, they are without doubt THE luckiest team probably in league history.

In our first SB meeting, obviously the helmut catch, the missed holding on that play, Assante's dropped pick, you can pick from a half dozen ridiculously lucky plays in the last few minutes that ALL had to go the Giants way for them to win. Oh, and Brady's injured ankle from the SD game, which I think had a huge impact on the SB.

Then in the 2nd SB matchup: first, they didn't even belong there, SF did. Then they lose decisively if Gronk is anywhere near 100%. Then Brady gets hurt midway thru the game. Then the very fortunate completion to Manningham (which I admit was more skill than luck, but a lot of luck too). Then the Welker drop while completely uncovered, the very close Hail Mary at the end, and I know I'm forgetting another 3 or 4 other plays late in that game too.

They are way beyond "making your own luck", which is why they'll never make it again, the odds are too great.

The fumble plays that all bounced the Giants way is what you're forgetting.

Yeah everything that could go the giants way did. If these two meet in the super bowl again I'm going to move far far far away from the internet and tv. My heart wouldn't be able to take it.

If the pats signed Julius Peppers back in 2010 would we won 1 SUperbowl.

My assumption is he would have made defense better.

1. More QB pressure takes pressure off Secondary
2. We would get off field on 3rd downs

We know have the financially savvy version of Peppers in C. Jones

Clearly Peppers was a lot of money to bite on and pre strike but given how many people we ran through here. Clearly Pats would not want to tip the lockerroom salary issue.

But money aside I say we would have won one with him.

I just hope C. Jones can do teh same some day!!!

My problem is my in laws are giants fans

Congrats on posting the first should have singed Peppers thread for the 2012 season.

However this is really not much different than the 201 threads posted over the past 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back