PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julian Edelman TD throw to Phillip Dorsett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simpelton

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score

Figured it deserved to be broken out of the main GDT because it's a cool play you don't see every week.

Really good throw too, playing off McD's solid design. Put it right where Dorsett could easily grab it, just as if he did that every week.

Great play and great play-calling. We've needed that a lot since we haven't been getting anything going in the redzone. I thought the hit by Douglas was a little dirty though.

Can't wait for the squirrel era after Brady retires.

I thought the hit by Douglas was a little dirty though.

Not sure that the back of Dorsett's head didn't hit the turf, after the hit was to the chest.

Hit may have gotten some of the face mask though

Definitely got some face mask. Lifted Dorsett an inch or two off the ground by the mask before he recovered his wits and let him go

Dirty hit by a player on a dirty team...no surprise there.

Talk about a HUGE play in the game. At 3rd and 11 with our red zone offense already having failed multiple times earlier in the game I had basically already resigned myself to the fact that we were going to have to settle for three points.

Then they call this trick play? What a call at the right time.

Even though a field goal would have taken the lead too, this touchdown was HUGE for the psyche of the game. Even though it was early third quarter a 7 point lead felt like much more than that given the way the game was going.

Oh, and since Edelman did technically throw the game winning TD pass I feel like I'm justified in rehashing this old (2014) video in which I caught a pass from him in the streets of Boston (the 1:17 mark). Yes, I look silly wearing the donut head but I don't care.

Looked better than the throws at guys knees Brady can only seem to do now. Sucks when you need trick plays to pull off 17 points even if it was against a decent defense

Looked better than the throws at guys knees Brady can only seem to do now. Sucks when you need trick plays to pull off 17 points even if it was against a decent defense
I forgot what a dart strike into the end zone looks like
Except when Brady rolls right and targets a DB

Let's not go overboard with the "dart strike" hyperbole. The defender that hit him was a full 10 yards away even after the pass was thrown.

sBNtsSh.jpg

Last edited:
Dirty hit by a player on a dirty team...no surprise there.
Yeah that was the worst thing about the play. It should have been called unnecessary roughness in the EZ. The guy not only hit Dorsett in the head after he already caught the ball, he shoved his face mask, causing the back of Dorsett's head to smash into the turf. I wonder if that caused the concussion more than anything else. Jerk.

Talk about a HUGE play in the game. At 3rd and 11 with our red zone offense already having failed multiple times earlier in the game I had basically already resigned myself to the fact that we were going to have to settle for three points.

Then they call this trick play? What a call at the right time.

Even though a field goal would have taken the lead too, this touchdown was HUGE for the psyche of the game. Even though it was early third quarter a 7 point lead felt like much more than that given the way the game was going.

Oh, and since Edelman did technically throw the game winning TD pass I feel like I'm justified in rehashing this old (2014) video in which I caught a pass from him in the streets of Boston (the 1:17 mark). Yes, I look silly wearing the donut head but I don't care.

That was awesome! The donut head makes the shot!

Let's not go overboard with the "dart strike" hyperbole. The defender that hit him was a full 10 yards away even after the pass was thrown.

sBNtsSh.jpg

That's a telling screenshot right there. In seeing this I'm not thinking the pass was really slow or that defender is super fast. Looks like Dorsett should have had no pressure on that play. Of course I guess the other factor is that Dorsett is also heading towards the defender.

Yeah that was the worst thing about the play. It should have been called unnecessary roughness in the EZ. The guy not only hit Dorsett in the head after he already caught the ball, he shoved his face mask, causing the back of Dorsett's head to smash into the turf. I wonder if that caused the concussion more than anything else. Jerk.

Yeah, I thought that the refs didn't call it because the guy was just trying to make a play in the end zone, but he was so far out of position that he shouldn't get any let-the-guys-play credit. I expect that he'll get a letter from NYC on Wednesday.

Brees would’ve not allow anybody but himself to throw a potential td pass

Also, the two point conversion was huge.

Brees would’ve not allow anybody but himself to throw a potential td pass

I'm not sure what Brees has to do with this.

Also, don't they actually bring in a gimmiky guy (Hill?) quite regularly who is a threat to pass?

Great Play, hopefully we have more in store for postseason. Josh has a creative mind and it comes out at times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back