PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julian Edelman-Greatest Playoffs Receiver Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerry Rice use of stickum does not mean much to me. Look at the gloves they use today. Rice was a savage stickum or no stickum. Number one for me

But the little hypocrite crybaby made sure how he personally felt about bending the rules, so I think he invalidates his own career.

Edelman wasn't a starter in 4 of his 16 games. In those 4 game he got 31 yards. It really isn't fair to count those 4 games.

His worst game as a starter was at Denver in 15 ... 7/13 for 53 yards and no TDs. I want you to really look at that. I don't think you could find a better line for an off game for a WR in the playoffs whose started in 10 or more games. No WR in the playoffs has EVER been more match up proof than Edelman. Take that for what it's worth.

Julian is a tough blocker that I think rarely is considered in discussions about receivers (understandably so). I can't remember Rice being much of a blocker, but that was a bit ago and my memory is a bit hazy. Anyone remember Rice's blocking ability/desire?

Yes. Rice was a good and willing blocker. Not on Jules or Ward's level, but for a superstar wr, he was very good.

Somewhat off topic but:

Currently Edelman has 0% chance to make the HoF, BUT if Edelman ends up #2 in yards (doable), receptions (done), and maybe gets 5 more TDs (which makes him #4 all time, tied with five other players like Moss and Fitzgerald, but this is much more difficult), is there a slim chance that Edelman can make the HoF based on his Playoffs resume?

It seems to me that a Patriots fan calling out another great player for cheating would be considered bad form. It certainly does nothing to shut up the fans of other teams who can't handle the Patriots success.

My question about Edelman is the following: if the Patriots make the Super Bowl and he has another circus catch like he did vs. Atlanta, does he merit HOF consideration similarly to Lynn Swann.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes