PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Julian Edelman fined $26k

Status
Not open for further replies.
And he has a good basis for him to appeal...he was fined more than any other Broncos player. Darian Stewart was fined $18,231 and LB Brandon Marshall was fined $24,309. Both players deliberately administered helmet to helmet hits on Cam Newton; Marshall even left his feet on his dirty hit.

Just goes to show that some teams are looked upon more favorably by Goodell and his sycophants.

Last edited:
I know his forearm/arm went to the guy's helmet, but Marshall literally launched himself helmet to helmet into Cam. Clearly deliberate. How does Edelman get fined more?

Too bad he didn't seriously injure the dude. At least he would have gotten his money's worth.

That is why Home Field is so important its one of the only saving grace for our Patriots. Denver was Gifted HomeField by us last year and it worked well in their favor and to our detriment...the witch hunt on the Patriots continues...

In this case it is no bias, I believe it is a function of your avg annual comp.

In this case it is no bias, I believe it is a function of your avg annual comp.
So Stewart and Marshall both make less per year than Edelman? I seriously doubt that...

I love Jules.
I loved the hit and I am surprised he didn't get 15 yards for it...and the fine.
I agree with the fine. If we allow blindside blocks (the defender was not looking at Julian), then the defensive players are all open to getting hit. I don't need some Steelers WR taking out Jamie Collins on a 7yd rush by their RB.
...loved the aggressive hit, Jules!!

So Stewart and Marshall both make less per year than Edelman? I seriously doubt that...

You can say that again did they Rip-up his latest deal?? He has certainly outplayed his contract.

I love Jules.
I loved the hit and I am surprised he didn't get 15 yards for it...and the fine.
I agree with the fine. If we allow blindside blocks (the defender was not looking at Julian), then the defensive players are all open to getting hit. I don't need some Steelers WR taking out Jamie Collins on a 7yd rush by their RB.
...loved the aggressive hit, Jules!!

Sorry, but the video clearly shows the defender looking right at Edelman moments before they hit. How is that a "blindside block" or even a "defenseless player"?

Last edited:
I'm not a salary cap expert but Marshall, Stewart, and Edelman's fines all amount to roughly .5% (yes, half a percent) of their salary cap hit.

I know his forearm/arm went to the guy's helmet, but Marshall literally launched himself helmet to helmet into Cam. Clearly deliberate. How does Edelman get fined more?
If you have to ask the question, you haven't been paying attention

That is why Home Field is so important its one of the only saving grace for our Patriots. Denver was Gifted HomeField by us last year and it worked well in their favor and to our detriment...the witch hunt on the Patriots continues...

Tweaked your post for appropriate emphasis.

I can't think of a single "conspiracy" theory that I believe in unless you consider Oak Island to be a conspiracy ;) but then I probably believe in it just because I want to.

That said, that game was fixed in a way I've never once actually believed an NFL game to be since or before.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back