PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Joe Montana vs. Tom Brady Statistically

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dwayne,
Dude, let it go. Go post on the 9ers fan site. I hope that the 2 of you will have alot to talk about. Good luck with that.
I do post on 49ers sites, and I haven't been talking **** about the Pats in any way. Didn't agree with the original poster at all, either, if you'll notice. Did you read any of my other posts in the thread?

Last edited:
Montana won 4 SBs, in a LOT longer time that Brady will.
Montana lost a LOT more playoff games.
Perhaps the numbers should include all playoff games.
Hard to rationalize that only SBs matter, but the losses that kept them from another SB dont.

I'd love to argue this one out with career playoff stats listed.

The Two times he lost the Giants... They Giants knocked him out of the game. Smart move. I wonder who the coordinator was?

MONTANA is number one in history, BRADY is number one today, no question. If stats where all that counted, then Montana would'nt make the top five, he just wasn't that durable. But when he played, he was definitely the best the world has ever seen. And yes, Superbowl performances do count a lot. The best athletes always perform their best when the stakes are highest. That is why you can't say that Alex Rodriguez is the best baseball player ever, even though he has the stats to make a very strong argument; until he proves he can deliver at the most important of times (championship play), then we will have to consider A Rod the most productive player of his generation, possibly ever, but not the best. Tom Brady, even if he did come up short in the most important game of his life (Superbowl XLII), HAS delivered, he is a great quarterback and his place in history is secure forever. But he is no Joe Montana. Nobody is. Yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes