PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Jets name Mike Maccagnan new GM

jmt57

Staff member
Reaction score
Was a guy that Casserly new since Maccagnan was an intern.

Stepped aside and had Ron Wolf interview him.

Wolf was impressed, and he's the new GM.

Was the Houston Texans director of college scouting.

Apparently only slow down in negotiations was Maccagnan wanting assurance that the Jets scouting department would be funded/up to his approval.

Tweets from Jeff Darlington:

Now that deal between Mike Maccagnan & Jets has been reached (the guy they’ve wanted since the start), allow me to explain how it happened.

Charlie Casserly targeted Maccagnan at start of this process. Casserly has known Maccagnan since early 90s when Maccagnan started as intern.

Casserly was not present for Maccagnan interview. Ron Wolf, Jets’ other consultant, conducted it. Wolf immediately came away impressed.

With Wolf and Casserly both on board to endorse Maccagnan to ownership, the Jets still continued their due diligence for a thorough search.

Maccagnan, though, wasn’t simply going to take job. Not his style. He wanted to make sure scouting dep’t would be sufficiently supported.

Ultimately, Jets proved ready to support Maccagnan, known in league circles as a true grinder and respected as a cerebral, hard worker.

When I saw Maccagnan wants scouting dep’t to be sufficiently supported, it means he wanted proper resources invested in the crew he’ll hire.

Maccagnan isn’t going to wow anyone with words or charm. That’s not him. Better ways to describe him: Logical, focused, rational, smart.​

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back