Jets' Antonio Cromartie praises Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannydyn

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I call fake on this d-bag

Antonio Cromartie, New York Jets cornerback, calls New England Patriots 'the new America's Team' - ESPN New York

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- New York Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie, who made headlines two years ago when he directed a vulgar jab at Tom Brady, said he's done trash talking.

On Wednesday, he proved it, gushing about Brady and the New England Patriots. Cromartie called them "the new America's Team."

Jets blog
Looking for more on
the green and white? ESPNNewYork.com has you covered. Blog »
• Week 6 gallery

"You can't say they're not," he said. "Everybody talks about New England, no matter if they're winning or losing.

"They're always in the playoffs," Cromartie continued. "Every single year they have a chance to win the Super Bowl. When you have a dynasty team like coach (Bill) Belichick has put together, I mean, they're always going to be talked about. That's why I call them the new America's Team."

The AFC East rivals, both 3-3, meet Sunday in Foxborough. The Jets have dropped the last two meetings, their last victory coming in the 2010 AFC Divisional Playoffs. A few days before the game, Cromartie unloaded on Brady.

"I don't think about what I said two years ago," Cromartie said.

What does he think of Brady now? Cromartie said Brady and Peyton Manning are the two most accurate passers in the league, saying of Brady, "You can't take that away from him. He's been doing a great job. He's a great quarterback."

It should be a fascinating matchup, Brady and Cromartie, who leads the Jets with three interceptions. With Darrelle Revis out for the season, Cromartie has stepped into the No. 1 cornerback role, covering the opponents' top receiver.

Cromartie said he's having his best season as a pro.

He could be a three-way player on Sunday. With kickoff returner Joe McKnight (high-ankle sprain) unlikely to play, Cromartie could step into that role. He also has played a handful of snaps at wide receiver over the last two games.

The Jets are simply trying another method of playing mind games with the Pats. They got their heads handed to them on a silver platter last year. Now, instead of trash talk (which they know will no longer get in New England's head), they're attempting a high amount of praise. I highly doubt this is legitimate.

The Jets are simply trying another method of playing mind games with the Pats. They got their heads handed to them on a silver platter last year. Now, instead of trash talk (which they know will no longer get in New England's head), they're attempting a high amount of praise. I highly doubt this is legitimate.

Agreed....

Not sure about someone with 12? kids playing mind games. I'm not sure Cro Magnon is smart enough.

Cromartie's statement about his respect for the Pats is about as truthful as he claiming to be a virgin :bricks:

they know what they're up against......eventually everyone learns that diplomacy is the art of saying nice doggy until you can grab a stick

I would give the Jets a First and Second Rounder for him if he was available. Antonio Cromartie have it all...size...speed among others things you cant teach.

Its less embarrassing to lose to an opponent you praised.

Rex has been more complimentary this week so perhaps there's been an edict to not pull the tiger's tail. I will say last year Suggs pulled a 180 and was complementary of Brady and Brady back to him and at first I doubted it but some of the Sound FX stuff backs it up. Perhaps they've just come to a place of mutual respect. Lewis and Brady this year on Sound FX as well were getting after each other during the game but after were very respectful. While I doubt Cromartie falls into this group Brady did also compliment him specifically this week along with David Harris so who knows.

I would give the Jets a First and Second Rounder for him if he was available. Antonio Cromartie have it all...size...speed among others things you cant teach.
Patriots secondary coaches would quickly turn him into Brandon Merriweather.

Sounds like somebody sees their ship is sinking, and would like a ride on a better boat.

Patriots secondary coaches would quickly turn him into Brandon Merriweather.

"You see this thing you are doing here, where you turn your head and look at the ball? Stop doing that! Goodell secretly told us we cant do that anymore, so if you see someone look like they are about to go up for the ball just tackle em"

Its less embarrassing to lose to an opponent you praised.

Looks like Rex never got your message. :)

I am actually surprised that Rex made such comments earlier this week. Reminds me of the 2010 season when he made similar direct attacks and his team gave us a nasty surprise to back it up.

Well, here's hoping that his team follow their 2011 performance irrespective of their praises or jibes.

hell.jpg

Not sure about someone with 12? kids playing mind games. I'm not sure Cro Magnon is smart enough.

LOL! That was my first thought... Cro is not nearly smart enough to operate on that level.

For the record, I would trade a first for him right now. He's been nothing short of excellent in the absence of Revis (even with the DPIs).

Last edited:
I found it weird that after the Jets 2nd game vs us last year, that Crow Daddy and Brady were laughing each other and Brady patted him on the chest as if to say, Good Job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes