PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

JC Jackson and Matthew Slater make second team All Pros

Minor point but this all pro team is what Malcolm Butler made as well in 2016. Not easy to be chosen. Butler was an elite CB for a short period.

Goes back to the broader point that the Pats should extend JC Jackson. The Pats NEED an elite CB1 for the man cover-1 defense to work. No more soft zone or cover-3 which is smoke and mirrors.

Every year Shaq Mason gets hosed. At least he made the Pro Football Focus All Pro second team. He's our best offensive player and it's not even close.

No Judon on the second team?

Just noticed Aaron Rodgers over Tom Brady. What a freaking joke.

Maxx Crosby over Nick Bosa and others Lol.... Boy has the NFL changed with many random guys making these "All Pro" lists.

Recency bias I assume. He finished the season fairly invisible compared to his first 11-12 games.

Looking at the category he was in at LB who rack up tackles, it's tough to make it over the other guys, especially since he was terrible against the run. Why he was in that category is beyond me. He should've been in the "Edge" category. This is like when Richard Seymour kept showing up on Pro Bowl ballets as a DT when he was a DE.

Last edited:

Looking at the category he was in at LB who rack up tackles, it's tough to make it over the other guys, especially since he was terrible against the run. Why he was in that category is beyond me. He should've been in the "Edge" category. This is like when Richard Seymour kept showing up on Pro Bowl ballets as a DT when he was a DE.

Would you have given Judon a vote at ED ahead of any of the top 6? I wouldn't have. Tied for 7th with Lavonte David at LB sounds about right.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back