PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James White re-signing with Patriots

Shocker for me. I thought for sure he’d be headed to Tampa. Guess this means Burkhead isn’t coming back, but there are a lot of replacements for his production available in the 4th-5th rounds of the draft.

Then it can’t CAM as QB. White will be wasted.
Happy for the team but if he is saddle with CAM, I will be sad for him.

Very good news. Had he not stayed here I daresay the top contender for his services would have been.... well, you know.....
Who? You got me hanging on your every word? A free agent, a draft pick? Danny Woodhead?

1616604353938.png

Why are people saying hes a waste with Cam? Yes his numbers are down (missed what 2-3 games this year?) but he was still successful for a 3rd down back. Numbers should improve with Cam's second year in this system

Great news, love James White, now all he needs is a QB who can throw a 5 yard pass.

Fournette may legitimately be too stupid to pick up this offense.

Brady seemed ok with him in the backfield. Not saying it makes him a genius but can get the job done well.

Translation: Both sides wanted something else but found one more yr together best possible atm..

Yup. For all the talk of how suppressed the WR market was, the RB market seems to be the one actually in the tank. White is approaching that magical 30 mark for RB's, which tends to be a tough line to cross, so next year might be his last chance to cash in. If the money wasn't there this offseason, it behooves him to stay in a system he knows (which seemingly has improved the cast around him) and try to get his payday next year when the market stabilizes.

Either way, I'm glad to have him back this year.

Heh. So he basically got zero sniffs on the open market. Whatever. I’m glad to have him back.
That makes no sense at all to me. White is an exceptional receiver out of the backfield who can move the chains all day long, Its shocking to me that he wouldn’t have any value on the open market.

Surprised brady didn't push Tampa to sign him since they are lacking that.

But in happy he's back. If they can get burkhead back too we will be all set at Running back

Heh. So he basically got zero sniffs on the open market. Whatever. I’m glad to have him back.
That is too low for White. This is a cold cold business. We have to do better than that.

View attachment 31580

Why are people saying hes a waste with Cam? Yes his numbers are down (missed what 2-3 games this year?) but he was still successful for a 3rd down back. Numbers should improve with Cam's second year in this system
What were his 2018 numbers? And for White, you need his receiving stats as well to understand why CAM will waste his chances

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back