PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James White having a career year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tb12goesinya

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
1100 yards from scrimmage with 11 TDs, blowing his previous career highs out of the water. Losing Lewis and Danny to free agency, he has stepped up in a huge way. He has been an overlooked Patriot in my opinion. Stepping up down 28-3 and stepping up while team is finding their way on offense this year, my hat goes off to him. Still only 26, no reason to believe he slows down anytime soon.

1100 yards from scrimmage with 11 TDs, blowing his previous career highs out of the water. Losing Lewis and Danny to free agency, he has stepped up in a huge way. He has been an overlooked Patriot in my opinion. Stepping up down 28-3 and stepping up while team is finding their way on offense this year, my hat goes off to him. Still only 26, no reason to believe he slows down anytime soon.

I’m hoping the pats haven’t forgot about him in a few weeks. His usage has dipped quite a bit the last month.

I’m hoping the pats haven’t forgot about him in a few weeks. His usage has dipped quite a bit the last month.

And when his usage dips..the team doesn't do well. His touches have a big outcome on games...KEEP HIM INVOLVED

Last edited:
Still wish we had Lewis backing him up. Burk isn't that great.

I think they realize it's important to get Rex going. The versatility he brings getting 5 tough yards on 1st down or motioning him out to the slot. McDaniels needs to prove his worth here down the stretch rotating this backfield. It's a true strength of the team being able to have fresh legs for run game and short patterns.

I agree with the thinking the team has been trying not to overuse James. He’s had a really productive and clutch (as usual) year, and with an increased role in the running game, he’s improving there too.

I love this backfield and with Rex back in there healthy at the right time, it’s deep and talented. I’m still waiting for Sonny to be unleashed in the passing game because he was excellent at it in college.

I’m still waiting for Sonny to be unleashed in the passing game because he was excellent at it in college.

IDK about this. "Unleashed" may be a bit strong.

Michel caught 2 passes per game for 20yds/gm as a Soph
<2 catches/gm for 13 yds/gm as a Junior
<1 catch/gm for 11 yds/gm as a Senior.

He's 7/11 for 50 yds with the Pats in 12 games played, so just about his Senior year usage rate. Considering that the Pats my not yet fully trust him in blitz pickup/passpro, that's not awful. I wouldn't be surprised to see him catch a short pass for a TD off play-action yet this season.

Mostly, just the past couple games since Burkhead has been back. In any case, I think defenses began keying on White a bit, beginning with the Titans game.

Did the Pats forget he is on the rooster? He hasn't had much activity lately.

Hello McDaniels and Brady

Go Pats

Loving our backfield right now. Michel and white are both excellent and I still have faith in burkhead. I know the injuries and the tough game vs buffalo are frustrating but he will hopefully make an impact come playoff time based on the flashes we have seen the last 2 years.

Did the Pats forget he is on the rooster? He hasn't had much activity lately.

Hello McDaniels and Brady

Go Pats

Hoping they are waiting to unleash him in the playoffs.

White has 1107 yards from scrimmage with 11 TDs. For point of reference Gronk has only had 3 seasons where he's had exceeded both of those numbers in the same season. Granted the attention paid to Gronk is/was completely different but it still frames how good of a season he has had.

Keeping some tread on his tires by spreading out the workload will hopefully pay off in the second season.

I’m ok with lightening his load until the playoffs .....I’d like to see the pats go out to a quick lead, then sit on it with burkhead getting 25 touches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back