PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

James White Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is the perfect Patriot’s player. Literally a carbon copy of Kevin Faulk, but maybe even better hands (it’s close). Like Faulk, he’s a true team player, unselfish, works extremely hard, and a teacher. Sony Michel praises White constantly. HUGE James White fan.

I loved Faulk.

White>Faulk.

Crazy how big of a turn around he had from 2015-2016, I remember I wanted him cut and hated him after the 2015 AFCCG wishing we had Lewis making the plays that he couldn't but wow what a turn around he had.

I was at that AFC CG in Denver. White was the only silver lining to that game. He was incredible.

Brady goes to him time and again on critical downs in even the biggest of games.

That in itself tells us how important he is.

Faulk is the standard. But White is nearing that level or may be even on that same level.

I always liked the pick, I thought he would be a better runner in the pros though, but its coming.

As soon as Michel start catching passes out of the backfield it will be a nightmare for defenses with both on the field.

I love James White. He’s exciting, reliable and absolutely clutch. One of my favorite Patriots of all time.

I hope he stays with us as long as Kevin Faulk did.

Crazy how big of a turn around he had from 2015-2016, I remember I wanted him cut and hated him after the 2015 AFCCG wishing we had Lewis making the plays that he couldn't but wow what a turn around he had.
With all due respect, there are too many impatient posters using this forum...

While all the above may be true I want you to just ask yourself this one question. On the Patriots right now on a 4th and 5; which player do you want the ball going to with the super bowl on the line? While other options may be good, I don't see how you can pick anyone but James White.

I don’t know who I want the ball thrown to but I know who we should NOT throw to; Patterson. Cos he will tackle himself. :)

now if we could just get him to cut in the right direction on runs.

There was a play yesterday where he had a HUGE whole and he ran the exact wrong way into one of the o-linemen, instead of cutting for a massive gain.

now if we could just get him to cut in the right direction on runs.

There was a play yesterday where he had a HUGE whole and he ran the exact wrong way into one of the o-linemen, instead of cutting for a massive gain.
He also scored his TD on a play where he ran away from the hole the play was called for.

He's been an amazing receiver from day 1, but wasn't a great ball carrier his first couple of seasons. Now he's much better taking a handoff and doing something with it.

White is great but he’s not as good as Faulk at blitz pickup and blocking, nor does he have the field awareness that late-career Faulk had (e.g. knowing exactly how deep to run a route to get the 1st down)

Not a knock on White as much as a credit to Faulk who, after a very rocky start to his career, was one of the smartest and most valuable Pats of all time

I love James White. He’s exciting, reliable and absolutely clutch. One of my favorite Patriots of all time.

I hope he stays with us as long as Kevin Faulk did.
Same. Other than Brady he is my favorite of the more recent teams. Been a fan since 2015, was extra happy when he balled out in the Super Bowl. :)

Resigned when I thought for sure he was entering last year in NE. The resign + being a team captain + the clutch/trust factor : def one of my favs. Glad he is here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back