PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

I've had this feeling

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
For the past few days I've had this feeling that Corey will be back by the last week of pre-season.

Ths is based on NOTHING. Nothing I've read or nothing I've heard. I didn't get a phone call from my plumber's nephew. We gave him his release and are carrying dead money for him. Don't know how that would all work IF he wanted back.

Just a feeling.

I think it's gas...

That ship has sailed. Corey minus a hellatious off season conditioning program and camp wouldn't be worth a veteran minimum deal, and he ain't playing anywhere for that. He can still walk without a permanent limp, and he's not going to roll the dice again to likely be someone's short yardage battering ram for less than $2-3 more million guaranteed. He could have stayed for that (2007 salary was $2.5M less the $3M deferred option bonus) had he or they wanted it to be so. Instead they gave that money to Morris. Corey's dead money amortization is just that, dead (just as Troy's was in 2005), and any new money would be in addition to it.

For the past few days I've had this feeling that Corey will be back by the last week of pre-season.

Ths is based on NOTHING. Nothing I've read or nothing I've heard. I didn't get a phone call from my plumbers nephew. We gave him his release and are carrying dead money for him. Don't know how that would all work IF he wanted back.

Just a feeling.

And it's a lovely feeling. Lovely and deeply, deeply wrong. No way. No how.

Ths is based on NOTHING. Nothing I've read or nothing I've heard. I didn't get a phone call from my plumbers nephew. We gave him his release and are carrying dead money for him. Don't know how that would all work IF he wanted back.

Just a feeling.
For the past few hours I've had a feeling that when you will come back to these pages after your Sunday golf day it will not be to announce that you broke 90 and that you didn't lose any balls

This is based on NOTHING other than past history

Just a feeling

I think this an interesting proposition. Everyone should know that Belichick has indeed created something called a "Shadow Roster" over the years that he actively helps create and maintain.

It usually consists of old veterans that are unsigned, but were brought to camp and introduced to the Pat's playbook. They then are available to be called to join the Team in season, if an emergency arises; and more importantly be productive almost immediately. Where they have been former Patriot players and understand and know the Pat's playbook, then they are merely checked to see about their health.

Right now we know that Vinny Testaverde is preparing for the Shadow Roster. I don't think that it would be remiss in saying that Chad Brown may be being prepped for a shadow roster spot; if any of the youngsters at LB show anything at all. Pierre Woods demonstrated last year that he has the triangle numbers, and on ST proved that he was very valuable,and takes the fourth OLB spot, right now. with Vrabel, AD, Seau and Tedy all former OLBs and also ILBs possibly, another OLB like Chad is possible, but an ILB slot would also free up one of the ILBs to slide outside and then there is no slot for Chad.

I don't think Corey would come back to sit as a backup, but if Maroney got dinged, he probably would.

Don't forget he is the 14th ranked RB of all time, having just passed OJ Simpson's record. He vaults into the top half dozen with another 900-1000 yards, that would certainly insure his entry to the Hall of Fame. Virtually every week, he would pass another all-time RB in the statistics.

Whereas right now he is a marginal HOF candidate. Plus another ring wouldn't be bad, either. going out on top wouldn't hurt his chances at all.

Have y'all forgotten that the Patriots won two Super bowls with a limited power back, Antowain Smith? Even in his dotage, Corey could surpass Antowain's effort. With the receiving and QB talent available, merely establishing the hint of a run game, would be sufficient.

He was cut so I don't even think it's on the radar now to bring him back. If Maroney and Morris were out then they may consider it, but you don't cut someone under contract and ask them back unless you are in dire straits and are ready to do some brown nosing. It shows a lack of respect for that player.

For the past few hours I've had a feeling that when you will come back to these pages after your Sunday golf day it will not be to announce that you broke 90 and that you didn't lose any balls

This is based on NOTHING other than past history

Just a feeling

No golf today. Had to cut the grass before the next t-storm comes through.

My balls are safe until next weekend.

However there was a call waiting on my voice mail from my plumbers nephew's sisters ex-boyfriend. I'll let yuo guys know if there is anythng interesting.

I love Corey and what he did for the Pats, but there is simply no WAY this is happening. I mean, I suppose if something awful happened to Maroney, and we lost him for the year, and we were desperate, we MIGHT call Corey, but people, come on - the guy was not very good the last TWO years. It's time to move on. If we brought him back now, it would be as an emergency. And I doubt he'd be the first choice. We'd sooner make a trade, is my guess.

He was cut so I don't even think it's on the radar now to bring him back. If Maroney and Morris were out then they may consider it, but you don't cut someone under contract and ask them back unless you are in dire straits and are ready to do some brown nosing. It shows a lack of respect for that player.

Troy Brown says hi.

I think it's gas...

That ship has sailed. Corey minus a hellatious off season conditioning program and camp wouldn't be worth a veteran minimum deal, and he ain't playing anywhere for that. He can still walk without a permanent limp, and he's not going to roll the dice again to likely be someone's short yardage battering ram for less than $2-3 more million guaranteed. He could have stayed for that (2007 salary was $2.5M less the $3M deferred option bonus) had he or they wanted it to be so. Instead they gave that money to Morris. Corey's dead money amortization is just that, dead (just as Troy's was in 2005), and any new money would be in addition to it.

while agree the ship has sailed...I dont think corey would be that out of shape, he has never had conditioning problems and I don't think he would need a "hellatious" off season program to be ready.

Ths is based on NOTHING. Nothing I've read or nothing I've heard. I didn't get a phone call from my plumber's nephew. We gave him his release and are carrying dead money for him. Don't know how that would all work IF he wanted back.

Just a feeling.

Better go back to sleep in dreamland...NO WAY IN HELL Corey is back here unless for some injury to Morris and Evans he still is very VERY unlikely to return.

Now when you have another feeling,next time make it be a good LB getting mysteriously cut ;)

No golf today. Had to cut the grass before the next t-storm comes through.

My balls are safe until next weekend.

However there was a call waiting on my voice mail from my plumbers nephew's sisters ex-boyfriend. I'll let yuo guys know if there is anythng interesting.

Corey - would love to see him back (not if it means Maroney or Morris are injured) but, I agree - that ship has indeed sailed. I think the fire just simply went out. He is a strange duck though, if he did get the fire back, I could see him coming back to NE.

Last edited:
I would love to see him back, but I think he is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes