PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

It's been a while...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richter

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
...,since I wasn't about to wade through the morass here (or anywhere) following the Pats' last game, but today was enough to bring me out of posting seclusion. Today's my birthday, and it seems I'm getting a double birthday present - the Pats' first preseason game is played today, and Mr. "Nut-crushing playoff interception" himself, Brett Favre, is a Jet. When all this un-retirement crap broke, I was hoping Favre would find his way to the AFC East. The fact he landed on the Jests is even better. They're no threat at all to the Patriots, with Favre or without, but having that team and their fans wallowing in pity is boring - how else are we supposed to exult in them being smacked down, their hearts ripped in half by a devastating defeat, unless they're built up a bit? It's going to be the sweetest bit of schadenfreude when Favre screws the pooch in a critical moment, and to top it off, the Patriots might even get noodle-armed Pennington, a perfect backup, once the dust settles.

So, today is a good day, and a good day to turn the page. The stench of last year's, and its sour ending, is gone, washed away by two fortuitous events today. Not to mention, my optimism over this draft class is high... very high. Mayo and Wheatley are going to become impact players in short order. The Patriots are about to start playing again. Brady to Moss and Welker, year 2, is about to commence. The Colts' and the Chargers' and the Steelers', and now the Jets', hearts are there again, just waiting to be ripped out by what I think will be the hungriest, not hung-over, team the Pats will possibly ever field. So it's time to come back, time to feed the beast that is my Patriots obsession. 19-0 is still out there, waiting, but I'll settle for another Lombardi this season. And it's coming, I have no doubt. Happy birthday to me.

Happy Birthday and welcome back! I got over my superbowl depression the day Moss re-signed with the team. Can't wait for tonight!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back