PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Isn't Gronk Guaranteed All-Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsBoy12

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I mean, isn't this a given? What other TE is doing what he does right now or ever? Kelce? Does he even know what a block is? Graham? A shell of his former greatness. Has Eifert played recently? What ever happened to that guy in Washington? We know it certainly isn't Clay because he sucks. And Julius Thomas looks like he's one toaster strudel from tipping the scales completely. I think Olsen just caught his first TD like a week or two ago, no? Witten? Respect. I'm probably missing a few, but I'm sure I got the other bigger names the game has to offer, and none of them should win it over Gronk. So I have a hard time seeing who should get this over Gronk. Can he still max out even after the suspension? Am I misunderstanding that from this article?

Is there any way Rob Gronkowski isn't named First Team All-Pro?

I mean, isn't this a given? What other TE is doing what he does right now or ever? Kelce? Does he even know what a block is? Graham? A shell of his former greatness. Has Eifert played recently? What ever happened to that guy in Washington? We know it certainly isn't Clay because he sucks. And Julius Thomas looks like he's one toaster strudel from tipping the scales completely. I think Olsen just caught his first TD like a week or two ago, no? Witten? Respect. I'm probably missing a few, but I'm sure I got the other bigger names the game has to offer, and none of them should win it over Gronk. So I have a hard time seeing who should get this over Gronk. Can he still max out even after the suspension? Am I misunderstanding that from this article?

Is there any way Rob Gronkowski isn't named First Team All-Pro?
Without question. Also, TE Delanie Walker always quietly delivers some pretty productive seasons, but the Titan’s offense/coaching staff sucks. I’d LOVE a TE like Walker to pair with GOATkowski.

He’s actually not expensive at all considering his pedigree. Go get em’ Bill!

Delanie Walker

Last edited:
He's got a 5.5 million dollar cheque waiting on the result. I just wonder what the suspension does to the result.

In twenty years time the winning drive in the Pittsburgh game will be known as "Gronk's Drive". The fact that he didn't score the TD itself, but opened up the run with a block only confirms him as the greatest Tight End I've ever watched.

In twenty years time the winning drive in the Pittsburgh game will be known as "Gronk's Drive". The fact that he didn't score the TD itself, but opened up the run with a block only confirms him as the greatest Tight End I've ever watched.

RIP Sean Davis.

He's got a 5.5 million dollar cheque waiting on the result. I just wonder what the suspension does to the result.
If I'm Gronk and if get screwed out of All Pro and miss out on $5.5m I would personally hunt every sportswriter down that listed me 2nd on their ballot and kill them.

depends on anti patriot bias, and unfortunately, racial bias from those who sought a racial angle in the Gronkowski late hit/suspension...

• Ha Ha
Reactions: jah
He should be guaranteed all-pro for being an all around better TE but media are jackasses.

Without question. Also, TE Delanie Walker always quietly delivers some pretty productive seasons, but the Titan’s offense/coaching staff sucks. I’d LOVE a TE like Walker to pair with GOATkowski.

He’s actually not expensive at all considering his pedigree. Go get em’ Bill!

Delanie Walker

Can he block?

There is NO question that Gronk is the best "all round" TE in the league. He is probably the most impactful non-QB offensive player in the league. However choosing the all pro selection has devolved into what your passing stats are, and though Kelce stats aren't better than Gronk's he gives voters a reasonable alternative to him. His suspension and how bad that late hit looked IS going to be a factor, especially when there is a "reasonable" alternative to go to.

BTW- this all pro selection is NOT a $5MM or nothing situation. Gronk has already earn more than half of that in that he's reached level 2 of his incentive contract. Personally, I'm hoping he doesn't get to the last level, even though he deserves it. In the larger picture, it would mean $2-3MM less the Pats will have to spend under the cap next year.

With his performance in semi-prime time against the Steelers and that catch against Buffalo he most probably sealed that AP selection. The most recognizable thing Kelce has done in the last month was throwing an interception.

Doubt that those 2.5m in the final incentive tier are in any real danger.

Kelce had the superior season “statistically.”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing