PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Is this why Jonathan Jones fired his agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the Patriots sign him to a long term deal. There is a very noticeable drop when he is not on the field. 4 years 20mil ?
He's looking for more money then that I'm guessing maybe why he hired a new agent.
I'm guessing he didn't like the kind of money he was hearing.
There is no reason not to tender him a second round pick at the lowest.

Put the tender on him and let him walk the year after that.

I'd very much liketo see him here for a couple more years. If he really does want to stay, hen he'll be able to make a deal. Otherwise, he may well be shown the door. Really hard to say, however, as we don't know what value the team really considers him to be/have.

Way too much for him.

3y/9m or 3y/10m is more reasonable for a reserve CB/STer.

We may consider this reasonable. However, why should Jones have such little faith in himself? The tender is higher than this. He should expect more as a free agent next year, IF he performs.

Way too much for him.

3y/9m or 3y/10m is more reasonable for a reserve CB/STer.
He is coming into his own I don't think that's too much for him he took care of Tyreek Hill and has always been our best slot corner.
5 million would be a good deal for us he can get between 7 to 8 on the open market im sure.

I liked the kid more when he first started than I do now. I can't shake the image of his missed tackle on the fluke TD in the Miami loss last year. He went for a breakup of the pass instead of a game ending tackle.

I liked the kid more when he first started than I do now. I can't shake the image of his missed tackle on the fluke TD in the Miami loss last year. He went for a breakup of the pass instead of a game ending tackle.

You're going to let one fluke play in a hilarious and ultimately meaningless loss overshadow how he completely blanked Hill and performed well in the super bowl? Seems you're evaluating with emotion instead of looking at the big picture.

Jones is an RFA. He is not on the UFA "free market".

A team could give us a 2nd or a 1st in addition to paying him, depending on how we tender him ($3.1M or $4.4M).

He is coming into his own I don't think that's too much for him he took care of Tyreek Hill and has always been our best slot corner.
5 million would be a good deal for us he can get between 7 to 8 on the open market im sure.

To me, $4.4M isn't too much. However, I think that Belichick would be fine with a 2nd round tender at $3.1M, and receiving a 2nd if another team signed him. I suppose we could then trade the 2nd for a corner. Jones is likely ba better deal than someone that a DB Belichick would draft in the 2nd.

Jones is an RFA. He is not on the UFA "free market".

A team could give us a 2nd or a 1st in addition to paying him, depending on how we tender him ($3.1M or $4.4M).

He loves the organization, he loves being a Patriot, he loves the fans,” Sean Stellato, Jones’ agent, told the Lynn (Massachusetts) Daily Item. “Our goal is to make him a Patriot for a long time. He’s been with the organization for three years. and he’s been to three Super Bowls. It’s incredible.”

Sounds to me like this really hurts negotiating.

Insert foot in mouth maybe?
I don’t think positive declarations for the public about the home team is ever really going to be damaging to the player’s negotiations. It’s more about what stance they take in the private discussions.

Agreed. Solid player but I personally wouldn't like him on a likely overpaid longterm deal in NE. Lets give him the 2nd round tender for 3.1M and move on in 2020 with likely Duke taking his spot by then or even this upcoming season already.

Guy on the cusp of free agency says the right thing. News at 11.

Pats have been so fortunate in the UDFA CB department it's almost unreal. JC Jackson with anymore improvements is like playing with house money. Two Big CB's on the outsides one's a Pro Bowler with Jones or Dawson in the Slot. The Pats are set at CB for years to come.

Hope they ca hit a couple of Safeties this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes