• Yes

Votes: 21 34.4%
  • No

Votes: 40 65.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

Their record is what matters. They could well run the table if they lost and go 12-4, which is really good shape. The play-offs are a separate season, and if they are continuing to get better from here to there and have a serious chip on their shoulder when they get there they will be tough to beat, and if they get to the SB then a cold weather bowl is completely to their advantage.

I really like the way this team and season is shaping up, I think they will be at their best when it matters most.

Right now Indy has the easiest remaining schedule. As for this game, its a statement game to see if how mentally tough we are after yesterday. Broncos D is not like carolina but they are very aggressive front . So not going to as easy either.

it means to put ice on the injured area, in this case talibs hip

From the reports today that wasn't the area he was referring to.

If the pats want the #2 seed...i think it is. If not then hell no becasue they will win division even at 10-6 worst case

Colts have 2 more tough games...@KC and @Cincy

Benglas have Ravens at end of year and colts

Right now Indy has the easiest remaining schedule. As for this game, its a statement game to see if how mentally tough we are after yesterday. Broncos D is not like carolina but they are very aggressive front . So not going to as easy either.

i think the pats and colts both have 2 tough games remaining:

Pats - Broncos, Ravens

Colts - Chiefs, Bengals

If both teams lose the above games, then they would both be 11-5. Not sure if the pats would have the tie breaker over the colts at the end of the season since they did not go head to head this year. I think the pats lose to the broncos (if talib doesn't play) but beat the ravens.

its not a most win, the colts and cincy are not winning more then 11 games so the pats could lose and still end up 12-4 with the #2 seed

Indy has real problems, no run game, no Reggie Wayne when it matter most. Luck is the real deal and as dangerous as it gets when the game is on the line but overall they are not a really good team.

i think the pats and colts both have 2 tough games remaining:

Pats - Broncos, Ravens

Colts - Chiefs, Bengals

If both teams lose the above games, then they would both be 11-5. Not sure if the pats would have the tie breaker over the colts at the end of the season since they did not go head to head this year. I think the pats lose to the broncos (if talib doesn't play) but beat the ravens.

Colts beat the Broncos. We're stipulating the Pats will have lost to both the Broncos & Bengals. That doesn't look good for the common-opponent tiebreaker.

It's only a must win if losing means the season is over.

no it isn't. the pats have a 2 game lead in their division. seeding[home field] is overrated. see the ravens last year. see the 07 11 giants. there are plenty of other examples I could list. a first round bye is nice but not the end of the world if you don't have it. it comes down to health and how the team is playing going into the playoffs. if the rules were changed and the team with the best record had to play there games on the road. you would see a stat that says the road team wins more on the road then playing at home. its about the team not where they play.

I remember one year it looked hopeless with Manning coming to town because we had injuries and Ty Law was out. We won that game.

Of course it's not. Even if the Pats lose this game, their remaining schedule still makes 12-4 a fairly likely outcome, and they only have to beat out the Bengals and Colts to get the #2 seed. Neither one of those teams scares me, and they're both inconsistent enough that I'm betting on them dropping another couple of games.

Every game is a must win at this point of the season.

I must have missed the memo for the new rule that says if the pats go 12-4 and win the division they automatically miss the playoffs.

I never understood why peyton choose the coldest afc city over playing in warm san francisco.

He probably didn't want to pick an NFC team since he would become rivals with Eli. Last thing peyton wants to do is prevent eli from winning another super bowl, and the same thing for eli.

Seeds of the last 5 Super Bowl champions: 4, 4, 6, 2, 1.

I just want the Pats to make it into the playoffs.

Seeds of the last 5 Super Bowl champions: 4, 4, 6, 2, 1.

I just want the Pats to make it into the playoffs.

This game has a huge impact on the confidence that we (the fans) will have in this team going forward, but not much else. The Super Bowl champs have gotten as random as ever lately.

I used to put a lot of stock in the last two months of the season, but after seeing the Ravens last year and Giants the year before, it's pretty clear anyone can arbitrarily gain the momentum necessary to win the super bowl. Conversely, we rarely lose in November or December, and it hasn't gotten us much in January.

If we were in the NFC and were likely to have to beat NO or SEA in their fortresses, I'd be really worried, but Denver has the same makeup of a lot of recent Pats teams and Colts teams before that, and we all know how beatable those kinds of teams are at home. :( I still want us to get a bye though. I just like watching the home games.

It's a personal must -win for me because I do not ever want to lose to Manning.
For the season? No it is not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe