SOURCE:NESN

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: N/A

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

Is Pro Football Focus (PFF) worth it?

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by cstjohn17, Mar 24, 2020.

?

Is it PFF worth it?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  1. cstjohn17

cstjohn17 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +525
    For some reason I find myself inside more these days and have plenty of screen time. So far I have read Wikipedia to understand more about CCR, Larry David's net worth and other important tasks.

I have casually seen references to PFF and their stats and like any numbers don't view them as gospel but just another data point.

Does anyone or has anyone subscribed to PFF? What were your impressions? Thank you and be safe

2. BaconGrundleCandy

BaconGrundleCandy PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +11,202
    Some of their stuff is really good and some of their work definitely needs work.
    I always like more info. I'll sift through it and decide what to take in or not. Even if I don't agree with them seeing the info might give me another idea.

They've come along way from when they started. You can live without them but again I just like the info. Other opinions/pov, stats etc...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. stinkypete

stinkypete In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +889
    PFF deserves credit for its draft aanlysis. They've been great at identifying under the radar prospects and mid-round value. They were way high on Flowers, Thuney and Grady Jarrett, to name a few.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. sean10mm

sean10mm Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1,394
    I think PFF's worst thing is what they get the most attention for - player grades. Their process for that is strictly amateur hour and produces bizarre results, it's literally a bunch of unqualified schmoes working from the TV broadcast guessing at who was supposed to do what on each play. They've outsourced their OL rankings to some guy in Bangladesh or something apparently.

They do a lot of other stuff that's interesting though. A lot of teams pay them for their database of advanced stats, but their player grades are basically BSing around the water cooler with numbers put on it.

5. TheRainMaker

TheRainMaker In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +5,141
    Lol I know. Gilmore was graded out as among the worst CB's in football as I intiially pointed out during the Ravens game which the board finally noticed later in the year. Media slept on it as well. Wins DPOTY.