PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Interesting pre-2013 draft article

OK, an unintended consequence of that article: I now really appreciate the accuracy of pre-draft media buzz. Check out the examples he gives of supposed obvious misinformation campaigns that should make us "Ignore the Media":

Geno Smith: "being hammered for his "poor decision-making"...the anti-Smith campaign smells a lot like several QB-hungry top 10 teams all trying to smear him simultaneously" [Those clever devils kept up the smear campaign by not drafting him in round 1 at all.]

Justin Hunter: "the worst-kept secret in this draft is Tennessee wideout/A.J. Green lookalike Justin Hunter going high in the first round, despite an onslaught of whispered comments from would-be team sources complaining about his slight frame and his injury history [Hunter lasted into the 2nd round as well.]

Margus Hunt: "an Olympic-caliber athlete who may have had the best combine performance in histor...but for some reason is being mocked in the low second round most everywhere." [Yep, low second round it was.]

EDIT: His push to draft pot smokers is painful in retrospect too, given that Aaron Hernandez was his poster child for why it's not a character red flag and Da'Rick Rogers was his big suggestion for a pot-driven value pick in round 2. All in all, I don't think I'm going to gaze into that writer's crystal ball in the future.

Last edited:
If that's all it takes to have a successful pro career, then I'm a first-rounder.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back