Injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychoPat

Role Player
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Well over 24 hours have passed.
Is it on a back page i missed yesterday?

But Seymour ... Wilson ... and Neal
all suffered injuries during the game that put them on the bench.

We realize that nothing definitive will leak out until
next Monday evening.

But did any of these three stalwarts return to the game?

Is there anyone else to worry about before the Wednesday injury report?

No, none of them returned, but it appears none were serious, either.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

October 22, 2006
Neal banged up

Right guard Stephen Neal was banged up on a first-down play late in the fourth quarter. He left the game and was replaced by Billy Yates. Neal has remained on the sideline. The injury doesn't appear to be serious.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 03:08:05 PM

October 22, 2006
Wilson banged up

S Eugene Wilson left the field under his own power after being shaken up late in the third quarter. The Patriots' medical staff was looking at Wilson's upper right leg area, and Wilson was jogging along the sidelines. Artrell Hawkins replaced Wilson at safety.

The team announced that Wilson's return is probable, while Richard Seymour has been downgraded to questionable.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 02:53:30 PM

October 22, 2006
Injury updates

* Patriots' DL Richard Seymour is on the Patriots' sideline, still dressed in uniform, and the medical staff has wrapped up his left elbow area. Jarvis Green is currently playing in his place.

* The Bills announced that DE Ryan Denney (hamstring) is out for the remainder of the game.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 02:38:56 PM

October 22, 2006
Seymour follow

The Patriots just announced that DL Richard Seymour sustained an arm injury. His return is probable.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 02:08:50 PM

October 22, 2006
Seymour injured

DL Richard Seymour was injured on a 2-yard Willis McGahee run late in the second quarter. The Patriots' training staff was looking at his left arm. Seymour is now sitting on the bench being tended to by the Patriots' medical staff.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 01:25:45 PM

Last edited:
I think that was it from the Buffalo game, and I admit I missed when Neal got hurt...

Neither Seymour or Wilson returned, but that could have been due in part to the defense doing fine without them. I just put in another thread, Wilson's looked like it was leg-related, and he not only walked off but broke into a light jog, I think he'll be fine.

Seymour had something wrong with his wrist or elbow it looked like, they showed someone looking at it, Sey was wincing a lot, so it's hard to say. If he is gone, hopefully it's not more than one or two. They said something on nfl.com along the lines of him being questionable for Monday's practice. Guess we'll see.

Thank you, P1 ...
and Cheer4Tom.

Guess i'll have to keep Reiss dialed in
all through the remaining 13 games ... and refreshing.

Subsequently found that patriots.com put this up:

"The Patriots four-time Pro Bowl defensive lineman Richard Seymour left the Bills game late in the second quarter. He later explained that he injured his left elbow on a short run by Willis McGahee. .... Seymour didn't return to play in Sunday's game and wasn’t in the locker room on Monday while the press was there.

After the game, Seymour said, “I just wasn’t able to go back in. Injuries are part of the game and hopefully I’ll feel pretty good this week and be ready to go next week.â€

Coach Belichick wouldn’t comment on Seymour’s condition, saying he didn’t know how Seymour felt and didn’t want to speculate. The injury report will be released on Wednesday.
...."

Seymour was quoted as saying he would have returned if he could have, but he simply couldn't. ("Probable" for Seymour means something different than for Brady, big surprise). So there is some concern there.

But the big reason noone has discussed it much is we will know absolutely nothing until the injury report comes out Wednesday. And in his press conference today BB said as much when asked about injuries.

psychoPat said:
Subsequently found that patriots.com put this up:

"The Patriots four-time Pro Bowl defensive lineman Richard Seymour left the Bills game late in the second quarter. He later explained that he injured his left elbow on a short run by Willis McGahee. .... Seymour didn't return to play in Sunday's game and wasn’t in the locker room on Monday while the press was there.

After the game, Seymour said, “I just wasn’t able to go back in. Injuries are part of the game and hopefully I’ll feel pretty good this week and be ready to go next week.â€

Coach Belichick wouldn’t comment on Seymour’s condition, saying he didn’t know how Seymour felt and didn’t want to speculate. The injury report will be released on Wednesday.
...."

Dang. Sounds like Big Sey might be in trouble for next week. Hopefully we'll be okay anyway. Thanks for the heads up, anyway.

Just my guess: Seymour probably should miss about two games and then return. Neal's injury seems less severe.

shakadave said:
Just my guess: Seymour probably should miss about two games and then return. Neal's injury seems less severe.

My Guess: Seymour will be fine for action Monday night.

Like I said during the game thread, with Indy coming, Seymour was due to be injured.

He has been injured during our last two meetings with Indy, no reason to believe Indy wouldn't get another gift.

Sey will be out 4 weeks is my guess.

As soon as the team said his return was probable, I knew he was done.

This team never tells the truth with injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes