PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

In case anyone else missed them: nice visual depth charts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: In case anyone else missed them: nice visual depth charts.

You are right!!!!!!!!

Good stuff thanks!

Looking quickly at the defense, if two of the 4 young backups (Crable, Guyton, Alexander or Woods) can show themselves as adequate backups it will really help the Pats defense going forward.

Good stuff thanks!

Looking quickly at the defense, if two of the 4 young backups (Crable, Guyton, Alexander or Woods) can show themselves as adequate backups it will really help the Pats defense going forward.

Yeah, I think the defensive Depth Chart might get shaken up pretty good by week #5.

J
Thanks for sharing, from another visual person.....

Thanks, that's a nice representation. It's already outdated on offense, however, with a few who are no longer with the team. Hopefully they'll keep it up to date, as it's a nice way to view the roster.

I hope Koppen holds up, and that Yates can do the job. I wish I felt a bit more confident about both.

Nice charts. Thanks!

They have the LB's reversed from what the writers at Pats Football Weekly have.
The guys who watch them every day have Bruschi/Alexander/Izzo at Sam ILB and Mayo/Guyton at Will ILB (or offensive right and left, respectively). As much as that matters.

I would place Meriweather under "Free Safety" as well, rather than SS, of course, recognizing that the Pats play a bit more left and right safety, but clearly Rodney plays up more and Sanders or Meriweather play back more.

Great find Jsn. Much appreciated.

NFL.com is a very mediocre source to use for NFL rosters. They are often out-of-date and inaccurate.

Both Wikipedia's rosters (which I help maintain) and the rosters on this website (http://www.localsports.ca/nfl_rosters/) are the best out there, and probably the only that use ProFW's official transaction wire (the only on the internet) on a consistent basis.

Last edited:
Now This Is "Creation"... Thanx JSn...

To ALL:

Didn't see the Injury Report, What's Meriweather's status (listed?)... Still surprised He's yet to usurp Sanders from His Safety Spot...

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL.com is a very mediocre source to use for NFL rosters. They are often out-of-date and inaccurate.

Both Wikipedia's rosters (which I help maintain) and the rosters on this website (http://www.localsports.ca/nfl_rosters/) are the best out there, and probably the only that use ProFW's official transaction wire (the only on the internet) on a consistent basis.

Thanks for the link and keep up the good work.

Re: Printing them is a disaster and waste of ink!

The standard version is two pages long with overprinting on my printer.

The printer friendly version has no jersey numbers.

Thanks again NFL.com

What idiots!!!!!!!!!!!1

Maybe we should distinguish between info on transactions/rosters vs. depth chart accuracy. It's my impression that the NFL.com version is as good as you'll find at the latter. E.g., NFL.com has Ventrone listed as a WR, while localsports.ca still has him as a db.

The thing that's always driven me nuts about the NFL.com charts is that there isn't a central depth chart repository -- they're squirreled away under each team's directory requiring annoying extra clicks. Handy tip: navigate nfl.com exclusively through google!

Maybe we should distinguish between info on transactions/rosters vs. depth chart accuracy. It's my impression that the NFL.com version is as good as you'll find at the latter. E.g., NFL.com has Ventrone listed as a WR, while localsports.ca still has him as a db.

The thing that's always driven me nuts about the NFL.com charts is that there isn't a central depth chart repository -- they're squirreled away under each team's directory requiring annoying extra clicks. Handy tip: navigate nfl.com exclusively through google!

I disagree; each team's individual sites are probably the best for depth chart accuracy. A few teams do put out "official" depth charts, but the rest are done just by PR, but even those are a bit funky at times (especially considering the Lions' site is easily the worst on the internet, and many other teams' sites miss some of the smaller moves (like treating waived/injured as waived and missing players released from IR - even Patriots.com missed Matt Shelton being released from IR in December 2006, and didn't remove him until March or so 2007...AZCardinals.com's depth chart is still in 4-3 mode even when they've been running the 3-4 for a while now). NFL.com's are done by surfing these sites, so an oddity like OT Mark LeVoir listed as a RG (The Patriots.com depth chart is done by either a PFW writer or someone from PR, so they wouldn't have "insider" access) on the Patriots.com depth chart is transferred over to the NFL.com depth chart.

As for accuracy, they've gotten better (a few years ago they were a good 3-4 weeks off and missed a lot of moves), but just look at the Pats' chart right now. Pociask is still listed and Spach isn't, leading any casual observer viewing the charts on gameday to believe that Pociask is still on the team. That's unacceptable to me, especially for a high-end site of a billion-dollar company.

As for localsports.ca, that's a one-man operation as far as I know. I've e-mailed the webmaster a bunch over the past few years, and he always seems willing to make corrections. It appears that he uses Rotoworld, KFFL, ProFW, etc. for his transactions, but I suppose it is tough for one person like that to keep on top of positional moves like that for 32 teams. He's been doing a pretty consistently good job though for at least 4 or 5 years now.

Last edited:
Only problem is it is NOT printable on one page...that's not good at all...but?? what can one expect..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST